Friday, May 13 to Sunday, May 15 the 2011 Spring Art Studio Crawl will take place in Sturgeon Bay.
From 6 – 8 pm on Friday, attendees will enjoy a preview wine and cheese reception in the first-floor gallery of the Fairfield Building, located at the corner of Michigan & Third Avenue.
Saturday and Sunday, from 10 am – 3 pm, the public is welcome to visit 11 Sturgeon Bay artists at seven locations. Attendees will have the chance to view new works, buy original art, and indulge in refreshments.
The artists and locations for the 2011 Spring Art Studio Crawl include:
• Ernest Beutel, Lynn Gilchrist, Tim Nyberg and Pat Olson: Fairfield Building (corner of Michigan & Third Avenue)
Beutel’s will show his abstract representational paintings. Award-winning painter Gilchrist will show her intensely colored landscapes and still life paintings in pastels and oils, while Nyberg will show his whimsical, colorful and inspired paintings. Olson will show fine art paintings and designs in pastel and acrylic.
• Kelly Avenson (26 N Third Avenue) specializes in creative, unique and candid photographs.
• Faith Frykman (617 Kentucky Street) will show monotypes and paintings in oil, pastel or acrylic ranging in style from abstract to expressionist.
• Audrey Off’s AMO Gallery (40 N. Third Avenue) will show photography and paintings in watercolor, mixed media, oil and acrylic.
• Shane Peterson (Fatzo’s Subs, 46 Green Bay Road) will show original oil paintings that showcase his unique and engaging perspective.
• Jeremy Popelka and Stephanie Trenchard (64 S. 2nd Avenue) will show their original blown and cast fine art glass, contemporary oil paintings, jewelry, light fixtures and gifts.
• Deb Stroh-Larson (Stroh Haus B&B, 608 Kentucky Street) will show her monotypes, etchings and pastels, as well as intaglio and watercolor paintings.
More information, links to artists’ websites and a map to the artists’ studios may be found at ArtStudioCrawl.com.