Looking for some experience? The Peninsula Pulse seeks an Arts & Entertainment Intern for the 2016 season!
Position: Arts & Entertainment Internship
Application Closing Date: March 25, 2016
Description: The Peninsula Pulse is an independent newspaper in Door County, Wisconsin, one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Midwest. The paper is the area’s prime resource for information on news, arts, and entertainment for a peninsula rich in culture and activity. Our small, energetic staff is looking for individuals seeking to gain experience and an education through an internship with the Peninsula Pulse for the summer of 2016.
- Write small features about entertainment – live music, outside activities, theater, performances, and more – and the occasional feature story about a gallery, artist, or art-related event in Door County
- Assist with editing and administrative duties
- Prior experience with a newspaper, magazine or journal would be of benefit but is not necessary for a motivated candidate
- The ability to find, research and execute interesting storylines under the pressure of deadlines
- A firm grasp of spelling, grammar, structure and style
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills a must
- Have a positive attitude, punctuality and willingness to learn
- Understand the working principles of Mac computers, as well as Microsoft Word
The Arts & Entertainment Internship is available from mid-May through October, although a shorter-term internship will be considered. The internship allows for flexibility in scheduling to accommodate a second job, of which we can assist you in securing. School/class credit is also a possibility.
A weekly stipend commensurate with experience.
Visit the Peninsula Pulse online at www.doorcountypulse.com.
All interested candidates should send a cover letter, three writing samples and résumé to the Peninsula Pulse via email ([email protected]) or via snail mail (Peninsula Pulse, PO Box 694, Baileys Harbor, WI 54202).