Our comprehensive list of the new businesses, business owners and locations in 2018. Find all of the new restaurants, shops and services available in Door County this year.
- A+ Lawn and Maintenance, 4814 Hillside Road, Egg Harbor, 920.421.1287
Residential and commercial.
- Traveltrends by Ann, Juddville, 866.399.9993
The largest baby gear rental service. Babierge connects customers to local independent service providers called Trusted Partners. They will deliver, setup and pickup the gear. There are two Trusted Partners in Door County – Carrie Tjernagel and Renee Sauer. They offer a wide assortment of gear, from full-size cribs to jogging strollers, car seats and even toy packages. Find them at babierge.com/sturgeonbay.
- Bayside Shop, Behind the Bayside Tavern, Fish Creek
Shirts, swag and gifts in the Alley Shops
- Bay Vinyl Records, 920 Egg Harbor Road, Sturgeon Bay, 920.559.8695
- Be Beauty Fashion & Home Boutique, 7783 Hwy 42, Egg Harbor, 920.876-6555. Formerly known as Christine’s Casual clothing.
- Bison Bison Bottles & Shop, Fish Creek, 920.868.5099
- Brilliant Marketing Communication, 920 Egg Harbor Road, Sturgeon Bay, 414.940.7066
- B’wel Chiropractic, 800 Jefferson St, Algoma, 920.487.0076
Dr. James Benzschawel owns and operates a chiropractic clinic in Appleton and recently made Algoma his second location.
- The Book Corner, 401 Third St., Algoma, 920.304.9214
The Book Corner sells gently used books, DVDs, audio books, CDs, puzzles and games. Open Friday and Saturday from 11 am – 3 pm. The Book Corner is operated by the Algoma Library Friends (ALF). algomabookcorner.com.
- Cherry Lanes Arcade Bar, 127 N. 4th Ave, Sturgeon Bay, 920.743.3432
Bowling, snacks, and Door County’s first arcade bar in the historic Cherry Lanes location. Opens summer 2018.
- Clink!, 10331 North Water St., Ephraim, 920.854.3336
A new DIY craft studio in Ephraim, owned by Courtney Janson and Mike Weber. Clinkstudiodc.com.
- Cutting Boards and More, Sturgeon Bay, 920.818.0988
Hand-crafted wooden cutting boards, utensils, bowls, cheese boards and more.
- DC Eclectic Guitar, Top of the Hill Shops, Fish Creek 920.868.2222
New old stock, vintage, used guitars.
- Door County Broadband, Cty F, Baileys Harbor, 920.868.9100. New location.
- Door County Fitness Studio, 10583 Country Walk Dr, Sister Bay
Personal training, fitness studio, classes and physical therapy. doorcountyfitnessstudio.com.
- Door County Fun Packages, 920.376.0256
Nick Dokolas has started a new website to help visitors purchase all of their fun in Door County at one time and in one place, DoorCountyFunPackages.com. Packages include Segway tours, boat and kayak tours, golf, zip lines, museums and more.
- Door County Handyman, 920.868.6899, doorcountyhandyman.com
Handyman services from Gills Rock to Sturgeon Bay.
- Door County Medical Center – Algoma Clinic, 815 Jefferson St.
Clinic hours: Monday through Friday, 7 am to 5 pm To make an appointment, call 920.487.3496
- Door County On the Fly, 920.495.2511
Jared Nellis offers a new a fly fishing guide service and scenic boat tours. doorcountyonthefly.com
- Door County Rock and Gem
Now with two locations – the original mothership at 10421 Hwy 42, North Ephraim, and the new satellite shop, Founders Square, 4199 Main St., Fish Creek. Doorcountyrockandgem.com.
- Door County Yoga, 143 N. 4th Ave. Sturgeon Bay, 920.495.2899. doorcountyyoga.com.
- Farmer’s Insurance, 137 N. 4th Ave., Sturgeon Bay, 920.965.7976
Laura Beck Nielsen, agent.
- The Fiddler’s Farm, 6951 County C, Sturgeon Bay, 920.559.3460
Owners Dan, Teri, Hana Rass and Nick Dumas offer space for special events, weddings and as a live music venue. thefiddlersfarm.com
- FIKA of Fish Creek Bakery, Cafe & Catering, 3903 Hwy 42, Fish Creek, 920.602.2909, opening June 1.
- Fish Creek Moccasin, 4191 Main St. Fish Creek, 920.868.2100
New owner Garrett Doubleday opened the shop in a new location (one building over from the old location).
- Halloran Law Offices, Sister Bay, 920.854.8065
Thomas G. Halloran, Attorney at Law and owner, recently relocated the firm to Sister Bay and Door County. Halloran Law Offices is a general practice firm serving individuals and small businesses in the areas of business law, trust and estate litigation and mediation, criminal and traffic defense and personal injury matters. [email protected]
- Hat Head, 4149 Hwy 42, Fish Creek, 920.868.2371
- Hatch Distillery, Egg Harbor, opening July 4.
- The Haven, 112 Steele St., Algoma, 920.333.1845
Formerly Fisherman’s Haven, this three-unit flat built in 1895 is located in downtown Algoma. Daily or weekly rentals are available year round. [email protected]
- Heirloom Cafe and Provisions, 2434 Cty F, Baileys Harbor
Fresh, eclectic and (generally) health conscious breakfast and lunch. Featuring grab and go options, beer and wine. Opening summer, 2018.
- Jane’s Designs for Women, 4633 Market Street, Egg Harbor. New location.
- Kick Coffee, 148. N 3rd Ave., Sturgeon Bay
New owners Kathryn Shepard her husband David Utzinger will continue to serve Colectivo coffee and will add Rishi Tea as well as a new menu June 1.
- The Last Stop, 12018 Hwy 42, Ellison Bay, 920.854.2088
Vaughn and Jorrie Simmons are the new owners of the gas station formerly owned by Ken Goebel.
- Leslie Ann’s Boutique, 9114 Hwy 42, Fish Creek, 920.868.6232
Resale apparel shop of hand selected merchandise comprised of both high end designer labels as well as popular contemporary brands.
- Liberty Ale House with 20 taps, in Liberty Square Shops, 7755 Highway 42, Egg Harbor.
- The Lightbox, 9922 Water Street, Ephraim, 920.621.7968
The Lightbox is a screen-printing studio and shop where you’ll find locally made modern prints, tapestries, plants and home goods. Art workshops and gallery nights will also be hosted regularly.
- Massage By Carla, 1510 Fremont St., Algoma
Certified Massage Therapist Carla Jorgenson owns and operates her studio and specializes in therapeutic massage, vibrational sound therapy, hot stone therapy and raindrop therapy.
- Mi Casa Door County, 920.559.9905
Property management and cleaning.
- Next Door Neighbor, 920.333.2702, nextdoorneighbordc.com
Door County concierge service available to prep and open your home, stock your pantry and refrigerator, arrange rentals such as boat or horseback riding, horseback riding adventure, book fishing charters or tours.
- OtherWorlds Books & More, 41 N. 3rd Ave., Sturgeon Bay, 920.600.1692
Owner Margaret Magle. OtherWorlds carries new and used books, current magazines, model trains, puzzles, activity books, and many other items. [email protected]
- Performance Fitness Training, 4300 Juddville Road, Fish Creek
Owner Mark Helscher. [email protected]
- Reclaimed Resale & Workshop, 10451 Townline Drive, Ephraim, 920.854.3239
Thrift and consignment store also offers DIY stenciled board workshop.
- RestAssure Property Management LLC, [email protected], 920.559.0504
AIRBNB Superhost Kelly Avenson and her team bring online clients to current or prospective vacation homes. Promoting local tourism, RestAssure Property Management LLC presents each property with local printed marketing such as magazines, flyers and other material to ensure visitors get the most of each visit to Door County.
- Robin Jay Music & Gifts, Founders Square, 4199 Main St., Fish Creek, 920.868.1600
Robin Hansen, owner, operates a 12-year-old business that just moved to a larger location within Founders Square, selling ethnic and acoustic musical instruments, as well as music-themed gifts and decor, musical toys, and musically tuned windchimes. RobinJayMusic.com
- Rusty Dusty Vintage and Records, 10590 Country Walk Drive, Unit 4, Sister Bay
Vintage clothes and collectibles as well as new and used records. Buy, sell and trade.
- Sara Oswald at HP and Associates, LLC, Sturgeon Bay, 608.339.1763
Transformational coaching by Sara Oswald. Sara offers online meditation classes as well. coachsaraoswald.com.
- Sawyer Farms Wedding & Event Venue, 7590 Sunny Point Road, Egg Harbor
Owned by Mark and Katie Helscher. [email protected]
- The Simple Solution Estate Sales and Service LLC, Heidi Penchoff, 920.421.1253, and Scott “Scooter” Lohman, 920.421.0751.
Coordination of estate sales, clean outs and more.
- Shanti Studio Massage and Healing Arts, Settlement Shops, 9108 Hwy 42, Fish Creek, 920.868.0164. shantistudiohealingarts.com
- Sister Bay CrossFit, 10583 Country Walk Lane, Sister Bay, 608.358.3074
Coach Julie Schaffer conducts classes out of Door County Fitness Studio.
- Steffen’s Cedar Lodge, 1070 Old West Harbor Road, Washington Island, 920.535.0126
New owners Larry, Bridget and Loren Roznai, and Adam and Becky Steffen.
- Sweetie Pies, Settlement Shops, Fish Creek, 920.868.2743
New owner, Olivia Lowery.
- Taco Cerveza, Hwy 42, Fish Creek
Tacos, beer, and wine from the team behind Wickman House and Trixie’s. Homemade tortillas, gourmet tacos, outdoor seating.
- Titleist Performance Institute Medical Expert
Physical therapist Kelly Fagundes, owner of EVOLVE Physical Therapy, is the first Door County physical therapist certified by the Titleist Performance Institute as a TPI Medical Expert to provide a new golf fitness program in Door County. The goal is to help golfers play at a higher level with a stronger, healthier, more repeatable swing doing so without causing injury. Visit evolvedcpt.com or call 920.421.4600.
- Within Things Curiosity Shop, 9922 Water St. No. 2, Ephraim, 262.888.9092
Folk art/music, handmade items, esoteric literature and music. withinthings.com