Head to the Valmy Thresheree this weekend, Aug. 15 – 17, to see and take part in all kinds of activities that celebrate our past and present farming community. There will be Case tractors and equipment on display, a running saw & shingle mill, bean & oats threshing machines, live music, kids games, tractor pull, pig wrestling, food and all types of farm machinery action.
The 32nd annual Valmy Thresheree is presented by the Northeastern Wisconsin Antique Power Association at 5005 Country View Road in Sturgeon Bay. Admission is $8 for the weekend (including a souvenir button) or $8 per day. Children under 12 are free. For more information visit valmythresheree.org or call Judy, 920.495.0257, or Ralph, 920.559.0466.
Friday, August 15
• 6 pm, Valmy Thresheree gates open
• 7 – 11 pm, country music by Mad Cats
Saturday, August 16
• 8:30 – 9 am, chainsaw competition registration
• 9 – 11:15 am, antique tractor pull weigh-in
• 9:30 am, chainsaw competition
• 11:30 am, antique tractor pull (trophies to top three in each weight class)
• 2 – 5 pm, afternoon barn dance with Jerry Voelker Orchestra
• 5:30 pm, polka mass with Rev. Tony Birdsall and Jerry Voelker Orchestra
• 8 pm – 12 am, Modern Day Drifters
Sunday, August 17
• 8:30 am, Lutheran church service with Pastor Ben Enstad
• 10 am, kid’s pedal tractor pull, little farmer dress-up contest, straw stack hunt, Lena Mini Modified Tractor Pullers Assn. Inc.
• 12 pm, Cavalcade of Power, parade of antique machines in front of grandstand
• 12 – 3 pm, Bittorf Brothers
• 12:45 pm, Lena Mini Modified Tractor Pullers Assn. Inc. Finals
• 3:30 pm, mud pig wrestling (pre-register with Ralph Bochek, 920.559.0466)