The second annual Artful Garden Walk to benefit Boys & Girls Club of Door County will be held July 30, 10 am – 4 pm. The Artful Garden Walk will showcase 18 local artists working in six blooming gardens located adjacent to Bay Shore Drive.
“The combination of talented artists installed amongst lush foliage makes this event unique,” explained Boys & Girls Club Executive Director Julie Davis. “We have painters, potters, photographers, a sculptor, a wood turner, artists working with fused glass, jewelry artists and more. Their beautiful works will be for sale and visitors can talk with each artist about their inspiration and technique. The garden hosts already are planning planting areas for maximum color and interest.”
Garden locations and artists are:
- Kennedy Garden, 6637 Bay Shore Drive, with artists Mac Schueppert, Robert Smith & Dale Vanden Houten
- Vavra Garden, 6433 Bay Shore Drive, with Kathie Vavra, Kerry Vavra & Chris Steinhagen
- Moster/Williams Garden, 6427 Whitefish Bay Road, with Lou Williams, Penny Pfister & Kirsten Christianson
- Mutchler Garden, 6451 Whitefish Bay Road, with Sherry Mutchler, Keith Mutchler & Jim Rossol
- Leporte Garden, 6287 Bluff Ledge Road, with Karen Lee De Noto, Barbara Henderson, Doug Henderson & Paula Wendland
- Jeansonne Garden, 5807 Town Line Road, with Lynn Sorbitz, Pat Olson & Liz Heller
The cost is $15 in advance, or $20 the day of the walk. Tickets will be sold at all six garden sites. For tickets, visit bgcdoorcounty.org, or call 920.818.1046.