In our final installment of this summer’s Beach of the Week, we’re highlighting a favorite park in the middle of it all in Sturgeon Bay. Otumba Park is near the heart of Sturgeon Bay’s west side, and it’s a favorite place to play, swim and picnic.
The three-acre park features a sandy beach connected to the park by a paved walkway that connects to Sawyer Park at the foot of the Oregon-Maple Street bridge. The beach faces north/northeast on the Sturgeon Bay shipping canal, so it provides views of the opposite shoreline and Green Bay. Watch ships and boats go by, and take a dip before playing at the playground or on the basketball and tennis courts.
Beach at a Glance
• A nearby playground, grassy spaces and shade make it great for kids.
• Park amenities include a picnic shelter, restrooms, grills, and tennis and basketball courts.
• The sandy beach is perfect for building sand castles.
• A paved walkway provides easy access to the beach and along the waterfront.
• It’s located on West Juniper and North Joliet Avenue on the west side of Sturgeon Bay, within walking distance of shops and restaurants.