Board Meetings Available on YouTube
Welcome to “Notes from the Grove” providing information about Liberty Grove Town government to residents and visitors.
• An appreciative crowd watched the preview of Around the Corner with John McGivern on April 6. The half-hour show featured northern Door County from Sister Bay to Washington Island. The program was scheduled to air statewide on Wisconsin Public Television on April 11. Milwaukee Public Television produced the show after filming and interviewing residents last fall. Copies of the show were available on DVD and it should be available to watch online at http://www.mptv.org.
• Prior to the April 3 board meeting, Roger Kuhns, PhD, LLED GA and Bob Bultman, B.Sc. presented “Shelf Life,” a program about the Niagara Escarpment, Sustainability and Our Communities. The program is available on the town’s website under ‘Meeting Notices’. A complete version, with audio and graphics, is available at the town office (bring a flash drive with a minimum 8GB).
• Starting with the April 3 board meeting, the meetings can be watched on YouTube. There are several ways to get to our page. First, go to http://www.youtube.com and search for ‘libertygrovetown’. Our uploads will be there. You can also access by using the tab on the left side of our home page called View on YouTube.
• The board authorized Administrator Kalms to send a letter of support to DC Planning for the proposed auto sales at Dovetail Acres, 10282 Highway 57.
• The board revised its determination as to when to accept Heritage Road nominations. Roads scheduled for improvements will be accepted in the future. As a result Cedar Shore Road in Ellison Bay has become a Heritage Road.
• Interviews to fill the supervisor vacancy will be held prior to the regular board meeting on April 17. The meeting is open to the public.
• A search for a town clerk was authorized by the board. The workload has become such that additional office staff has become a necessity. The finance committee had recommended to the board to seek additional office help. In discussions with Administrator Kalms, who currently is both the clerk and administrator, along with Treasurer Johnson it was decided to seek a person to fill the clerk’s position.
• The recommendation from the highway committee to award the paving contract to Northeast Asphalt was approved. Their bid came in at $451, 470 which was below what the town had budgeted. Isle View, Plateau, Wildwood and Sylvan Lane are scheduled for improvements this year.
• Reminder – the Annual Town Meeting is April 16 at 7 pm. The Business Roundtable is scheduled for April 23. All business owners in Liberty Grove are encouraged to participate in the session.