• Glas, the green coffeehouse, will extend its hours throughout the month of December to accommodate holiday shoppers. Week day hours for December will now be 7 am – 7 pm. Weekend hours will be shifting to the winter schedule. Saturdays Glas will be open 8 am – 5 pm, and Sundays 8 am – 2 pm.
The Glas menu includes high-quality coffees, loose-leaf teas, specialty drinks like Pumpkin Pie Latte and a London Fog, as well as bakery items, breakfast food, soups and sandwiches.
Glas, the green coffeehouse, is a venture for Cellcom, a wireless company based in Green Bay. Centrally located in the city of Sturgeon Bay, Glas and its building feature various green elements in effort to reduce stress on the environment. For more information visit http://www.glascoffee.com.
• The Top of the Hill Cafe in Fish Creek has announced that they will be open daily 8:30 am – 1:30 pm for breakfast and lunch year round. Owner Jamie Kaus and Julie Sternad invite guests to come and enjoy their freshly baked cinnamon rolls, scones and muffins, and home-style soups and sandwiches. The cafe, which opened its doors this June is available for dine-in or take-out and is “cleverly hidden” in the corner of the South Building of the Top of the Hill Shops, Fish Creek. For more information call 920.868.5600.
• Ping Studios is now providing professional web design and photography services in Door County.
Company co-founder Wu Zheng Ping is a web designer and photographer with an Advertising and Commercial Design Degree from Shanghai University, with an emphasis on radio and film advertisement direction and production. He also holds a degree in Business English, and has more than six years of graphic and web design experience in E-marketing solutions.
Ping Studios’ services include web design, graphic design, logo design, search engine optimization (SEO), Google advertisement, email marketing / newsletter, flash, hosting, video and audio production, web site updates, illustration, blog and social networking.
In addition to web design, Ping has extensive experience as a professional photographer. Photography services offered include wedding, senior, family portrait, product, commercial, editorial, Photoshop and online albums. Ping’s wife and company co-founder, Soirsce Kastner, is a Door County native and painter. Her formal education at the Kewaunee Academy of Art brings an artist’s eye to the creation of aesthetically pleasing, elegant and interesting design and photo compositions.
Thanksgiving Day through New Year’s Day, Ping Studios is offering a Holiday Special Free Photography Session, providing one free hour of portrait photography for families, couples and individuals.
For more information visit http://www.Ping-Studios.com or call 920.559.3117.
• Northern Door Dental Services recently announced that Dr. Tom Mayhew underwent emergency surgery. While he is recovering well, as expected, Dr. Jon Kordon will be seeing patients on his behalf and the office will operate normally. For more information call 920.854.5200.
• The Wisconsin REALTORS® Association (WRA) recently reported that Wisconsin home sales increased for the first time since late 2007. When comparing 2008 third quarter numbers to 2009 third quarter numbers, the state showed an increase of 5.8 percent.
Locally, home sale numbers didn’t fare as well with Door County numbers showing an 8 percent dip and neighboring Kewaunee seeing no movement in either direction.
Other numbers to note were the median home prices in Door and Kewaunee counties. Door experienced a drop of 21.6 percent to $196,000 when comparing the third quarter median home prices of 2008 to the same quarter in 2009 and Kewaunee had a gain of 3.9 percent to $87,100. Statewide, median home prices fell 6.3 percent to $148,000.
For more information visit http://www.dcbr.org or call the Sturgeon Bay office at 920.743.9651.
Door County Interiors & Design is a home furnishings store and interior design resource. Brown, who has lived in Door County for 17 years, comes to Door County Interiors & Design after working in real estate for 12 years.
Brown’s experience with developers and builders, as well as her knack for working with homeowners, makes her a good fit for the position, according to Ron Trimberger, owner of Door County Interiors & Design. Brown works with Sandy McConkey, the store’s project/flooring manager, to help homeowners in their remodels or new construction.
Door County Interiors & Design is located at 7266 Hwy. 42, about two miles south of downtown Egg Harbor. For more information visit http://www.doorcountyinteriors.com or call 920.868.9008.
• As part of the 2009 Pumpkin Patch Festival, the Egg Harbor Business Association once again sponsored a decorating contest. There were a number of imaginative entries for the 2009 contest; however, a few stood out from the crowd. The winners include: First Place – Sock Monkey and Tiki party by Lisa Harding at Something Fishy; Second Place – Landmark Resort, with a panda theme; Third Place – Nature Works, with a bear themed design. For more information call 920.868.3717.