The Presidential, House District 8 and State Assembly District 1 Elections
• All candidates who ran for president this year raised a total of $3.5 billion as of last week. In 2016, the total raised by all candidates was $1.4 billion.
• Democratic candidates raised $2.9 billion this year; Republican candidates raised $555 million.
• Wisconsin’s contribution to the total was $12.7 million. Of that, $7.5 million went to Democrats and $5.5 million to Republicans.
• Biggest campaign war chests: Michael Bloomberg (D), $1 billion; Joe Biden (D), $809 million; Pres. Donald Trump (R), $552 million.
• Mike Gallager (R) had raised $3.1 million as of last week. His Democratic challenger, Amanda Stuck, had raised $370,023.
• Independent expenditure totals for Wisconsin committees: $6.3 million.
• Top political fund in Wisconsin: A Better Wisconsin Together Political Fund, $1.9 million (a progressive/liberal fund). The next highest: Service Employees International Union Committee on Political Education, $644,656.
• Candidates for State Assembly District 1: Incumbent Joel Kitchens (R), $62,016.29; Kim Delorit Jensen (D), $22,344.48.
Source: Federal Election Commission as of last week’s reporting.