• Egg Harbor will choose a new fire chief at its June 18 village board meeting. Former chief Mark Bogenshutz sent the village a letter stating he was no longer interested in the position. A letter was sent to all fire department members soliciting interest in the position.
• Jacksonport is seeking a new town chairman. Former Chairman Aaron LeClair resigned his post May 27. Supervisor Jeanne Majeski is the interim chairperson. LeClair was elected supervisor in 2006, and took over as chairman last fall. He was uncontested when he ran for chairman in April.
Any resident of the Town of Jacksonport who wishes to be considered as a candidate for this position must submit a short resume including relevant experience, along with a statement indicating why they wish to serve on the Town Board.
Applications to fill LeClair’s position will be accepted until June 19 at 4 pm and should be sent to the town clerk at 3733 Bagnall Rd., Sturgeon Bay. Those interested may call 910.823.2954 for details.
• Northeast Asphalt will hold a meeting to update Baileys Harbor citizens and field questions about the ongoing sewer and highway resurfacing project at the town hall Wednesday, June 17, at 9:30 – 9:45 am.
• The Sevastopol School Board will meet June 22 in the multi-purpose room at Sevastopol School.
• Sister Bay’s Community Garden is ready for planting. Simple applications for a plot are available at the Village Office and Bhirdo’s gas station. Plots cost $30 for the year. For more information call Jeffery Meyer at 614.329.7390 or email [email protected].
• The next meeting of the Sevastopol Town Board is Monday, June 15, at 7 pm. The Sevastopol town hall and park pavilion are available for rent. Those interested should call the town office at 920.746.1230 or Town Clerk Linda Wait at 920.743.6884.
• The Door County Tourism Zone Commission meets Thursday morning, June 18, at 9 am at the Sevastopol Town Hall.