The Door County Destroyers will hold their first pre-season home game as members of the Mid-States Football League at 4 pm Saturday, May 30, at their home field, Baileys Harbor Rec Park, against the Southern Lakes Blue Devils from Salem, Wis.
After winning the 2014 league championship in the Wisconsin State Football League after only its second year in existence, the semi-pro team decided to join the tougher Mid-States Football League.
In its first pre-season game on May 9, The Destroyers visited the Chippewa Valley Predators in Eau Claire and lost 42-20.
Other scheduled games include:
• 7 pm, June 13, Muskego Hitmen, Whitnall Field, Muskego.
• 4 pm, June 20, Racine Raiders, Baileys Harbor Rec Park.
• 4 pm, July 11, Rock County Rage, Baileys Harbor Rec Park.
• 4 pm, July 18, Sheboygan County Rebels, Baileys Harbor Rec Park.
• 7 pm, July 25, Racine Threat, at Racine.
• 4 pm, Aug. 1, Lincoln-Way Patriots, Baileys Harbor Rec Park.
• 6 pm, Aug. 8, Rockton Rush, at Rockton, Ill.