• Northern Door Communications has been awarded their 14th Agent of the Year Award at the annual agents’ meeting held in Green Bay on May 23. The company also received the 2009 Sales Achievement Award and special recognition for 20 years of agent service to Cellcom.
Cellcom’s annual Cellular Celebration will be held at Northern Door Communications on Tuesday, June 22 from 10 am – 5 pm. The public is welcome to visit and enjoy refreshments, beverages, and music by Ben Larson. Attendees may roll a dice for bonus Cellcom minutes and browse through specially priced phones and accessories.
Northern Door Communications, located behind the Sister Bay Bowl at 2350 Maple Drive in Sister Bay, is open Monday through Friday, 9 am – 4:30 pm, and Saturday, 9 am – 12 pm. For more information call 920.854.4800 or visit http://www.doorcellular.com.
• Peninsula Players Theatre will host a 75th Anniversary party Saturday, July 24 prior to the 8 pm performance of Tom Dudzick’s comedy “Over the Tavern.”
Patrons will take part in a pre-show picnic on the grounds of the theater and share memories with and of past Players. A few surprises are in store for patrons that evening including a champagne toast, birthday cake, and more. Anyone who has ever enjoyed Peninsula Players as a patron or company member is welcome.
To purchase tickets to the Players “Timeless Theatrical Treasure Event” or for more information, call 920.868.3287. Ticket prices range from $51, $48, and $44 and include the pre-show meal and performance.
• T. Ashwell’s Restaurant in Ellison Bay introduced a prix fixe menu for select evenings throughout the summer. The concept of the prix fixe menu, pre-determined dishes presented as a multi-course meal at a set price, is common in Europe and gaining popularity in the United States. The fixed menu is currently offered on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings, and will change weekly.
T. Ashwell’s three-course meal will feature an appetizer, salad, and entrée, with a variety of flavors assembled by Chef Ashwell. The meal will be $39 per person and does not include beverages, tax, or gratuity. However, for an additional charge of $20 per person, the meal will be complemented with three half-glasses of wine selected by T. Ashwell’s bar manager Zack Lozoff.
T. Ashwell’s is open for dinner at 5:30 pm Wednesday through Sunday (except Wednesday, June 23) and will be open daily except Tuesdays beginning the week of Monday, June 28.
T.Ashwell’s is located at 11976 Mink River Road in Ellison Bay. For more information or to make reservations, call 920.854.4306 or visit http://www.tashwells.com.
• Women are welcome to attend Women on Wednesdays (WOW!) for “Financial Fitness” tips and ideas provided for women by women. On Wednesday, July 14 from 6 – 8 pm, a panel of experts will share information and resources on budgeting, investing, retiring, spending, and saving.
The panel includes investment manager, Mary Morrow; private banker, Marcia Peterson; and attorney, Jenifer Moeller. The event will take place at the Landmark Resort in Egg Harbor; refreshments will be served. To register for the event, call the Door County Community Foundation at 920.746.1786.
• Rowleys Bay Resort, formerly known as Wagon Trail, has introduced a new addition to the resort, Rowley’s Pub, named after area pioneer Peter Rowley.
Two bars, including one crafted from an old toboggan, are positioned in front of large water view windows. Accessorized with fishing paraphernalia, vintage outboard motors, water skis, aerial photos, and other remnants of summers past, the pub is a cozy place to enjoy a beer, glass of wine, or cocktail.
“We’ve created a casual and fun environment with décor that pays tribute to the bay’s rich history as a fishing and outdoor sports destination,” says owner Jewel Ouradnik. “We can offer tourists and locals a spectacular view of the water and affordable drink prices that won’t break the budget.”
Rowleys Bay Resort is located at 1041 County Road ZZ, Ellison Bay. Rowley’s Pub, adjacent to the resort’s restaurant, is open daily at 4 pm. For more information, call 920.854.2385 or visit http://www.rowleysbayresort.com.