Door County Business Briefs
• GLAS, a green coffeehouse and new venture for Cellcom, will open its doors for business on Saturday, Feb. 7. The 1,077 sq. ft. coffeehouse is located at 67 East Maple St., Sturgeon Bay.
The Gaelic word for green, GLAS symbolizes the color, the Irish culture and an effort to become earth-friendly. The new coffeehouse offers indoor seating for up to 30 and will have seating for up to 20 on its patio. Free Wi-Fi Internet is available, and electrical outlets are accessible from all seating areas. GLAS also has a computer with Internet access available free to customers.
The menu will include high quality coffees, loose-leaf teas, specialty coffee drinks, bakery items, breakfast items and sandwiches. The coffeehouse will be open seven days a week: Mon. – Fri. 6:30 am – 8 pm; Sat. 7:30 am – 5 pm; and Sun. 11 am – 5 pm.
For more information visit http://www.glascoffee.com.
• Community Clinic of Door County (CCDC) has recently welcomed Laura Moeller of Sturgeon Bay as their new Clinic Director. CCDC provides primary health and mental health care to those without health insurance.
Moeller, who holds a Masters degree and PhD from the University of Minnesota has spent the last several years in general management and is a Door County native.
CCDC was founded in 2003 by Jo Guenzel, RN, BSN, MSW, who has been acting Volunteer Clinic Manager since then. Guenzel will continue her active involvement in the clinic.
To make an appointment or contact the clinic you can call 920.746.8989 or 888.698.8989.
• Door County Economic Development Corporation (DCEDC) offers monthly office hours in Northern Door County, providing business counseling and entrepreneurial services. The second Wednesday of each month, DCEDC Economic Development Manager Sam Perlman offers free, one-on-one business counseling sessions.
Individual, confidential sessions will be held Feb. 11, beginning at 1 pm in the Sister Bay Fire Station small meeting room, 2258 Mill Road. An appointment is requested and can be made by contacting Perlman at 920.743.3113 x 204 or via email at [email protected]. Walk-ins are also welcome, based on scheduling.
• DoorCountyNavigator.com, an online guide to traveling the Door Peninsula, has retained Leif Lautenbach as a sales associate. Lautenbach will be meeting with representatives of hotels, restaurants, retail and others to share the benefits of advertising on DoorCountyNavigator.com Web site.
He has first-hand experience with DoorCountyNavigator.com and did sales for the site in the past before joining Sarkis and Associates, Egg Harbor, where he also works as a sales associate.
For more information call Lautenbach at 920.493.8845 or visit DoorCountyNavigator.com.
• The Door County Board of REALTORS® held their annual meeting on January 14 at the Landmark Resort in Egg Harbor.
At the meeting, MaryKay Shumway was honored as the 2008 REALTOR® of the Year, recognizing her commitment to the board and leadership roles taken in ad hoc committees, as well as involvement and positive impact in the community as a whole. Selection of the Door County REALTOR® of the Year is made by the Distinguished Award Committee, a group comprised of past REALTORS® of the Year.
Brian Peot and Ben LaCount of Bay Surveying accepted the 2008 Affiliate of the Year award given by the Door County Board of REALTORS®.
For more information visit http://www.dcbr.org or call the Sturgeon Bay office at 920.743.9651.
• Door County Economic Development Corporation (DCEDC) is currently soliciting nominations for the annual Door County Industry of the Year Award and the Door County Entrepreneur of the Year Award. The awards celebrate businesses that help to create a positive business climate in Door County. The award winners will be announced at DCEDC’s Annual Meeting this spring.
Any Door County resident or business can nominate a business or entrepreneur by contacting DCEDC. Self-nominations are also encouraged. Nomination forms are available from DCEDC or at http://www.doorcountybusiness.com/pdfs/nominationforms.pdf. Nominations are due to DCEDC by Feb. 20.
• The Kellstrom-Ray Agency, Inc. is pleased to announce that it has reclaimed its leadership status in Liberty Grove/Sister Bay sales volume. MLS (Multiple Listing Service) 2008 statistics show that in comparison with other agencies, Kellstrom-Ray’s Sister Bay and Washington Island offices combined led in both their Liberty Grove/Sister Bay sales volume and the number of listed and sold transactions for those areas. Individually, Heather Olson and Craig Bastian ranked No. 3 and No. 4 respectively in sales volume.
To reach Kellstrom-Ray call 920.854.2353, email [email protected] or stop by the office located directly across from the Sister Bay Marina.
• PTR Insurance Services would like to announce the addition of Kathy Whalen to their agency. Whalen is a long time resident of Door County and is looking forward to assisting customers with all their insurance needs. Whether it’s personal or commercial, health or life, Whalen will provide people with excellent service and competitive rates.
Whalen can be reached at 920.746.4017, [email protected], or by stopping in the office located at 3030 Park Drive, Sturgeon Bay.
• 2008 marks the fourth consecutive year that Properties of Door County has been named the number one producing real estate office in Northern Door County according to the Door County Multiple Listing Service.
Properties of Door County, which is locally owned and managed, specializes in luxury homes, estates and condominiums throughout the Door Peninsula. With a team of top talent from throughout Door County, Properties of Door County provides a wealth of experience in real estate marketing with the flexibility and personalized service of local guidance.
To learn more visit http://www.propertiesofdoorcounty.com or call 920.854.6444.