Escape the everyday and come to the 22nd annual Fish Creek Winter Festival in Fish Creek Feb. 6, 7 and 8. Check out the wintery fun and excitement and make sure to wear warm boots!
The Winter Festival will kick off at 4 pm Friday afternoon with a community bonfire and live music with Julian Hagen and guests at Fish Creek Beach.
Then, join the revelers Saturday morning at 10 am for Fish Creek’s zany parade down Main Street (Hwy. 42). Family-friendly games and activities will begin around 11 am and be ongoing until dusk, as will food and drinks. This year, area businesses are collaborating with Door County non-profit groups to share resources and help create a successful family-friendly winter festival.
The Door County Sled dogs are new to Winter Festival this year. The eight-dog teams and their owners Bonnie Ulrich and Richard Desotelle will give rides, demonstrations and talk to visitors about the dogs, Sat., Feb. 7 – so make sure to get to Winter Festival early to get a ride! Also, Door County Trolley will offer free rides around town to help visitors get to and from areas of activity.
Music by Big Mouth will rock Fish Creek Saturday night at Alexander’s Restaurant. Check out the tunes, and don’t forget to buy raffle tickets for your chance at the BIG prizes – a 10 foot kayak and Packer tickets, or package prizes valued at $100 donated by Fish Creek businesses. Raffle tickets are available for purchase at various locations in Fish Creek.
BIG Raffle prizes include:
– A 10’ Wilderness Systems Pamlico 100 Kayak
– Fishing shanty built by Door County Habitat for Humanity
Pick-A-Prize raffle prizes include:
– A Spa package from Bath Essentials, The Edge Salon & Lori’s Spa
– A gift basket from The Oilerie
– Gift certificates to the HideSide Corner Store & Boutique
– A ShopVac from Nelson Shopping Center
– A 15-minute scenic air tour from Grizzly Scenic Air Tours
– An Orchard Country Winery & Market, DC Trolley, & Mayberry’s Carriage ride package
– And more…