• 4 – 6 pm: Community campfire @ Fish Creek Beach. Music with Julian Hagen & some surprises.
• 6:30 – 10 pm: Rock-N-Roll Art Night @ Hands On Art Studio, featuring music by Big Mouth Trio. Free pizza, beer available for purchase.
• 7 am – noon: Great American Pancake Show @ Gibraltar Fire Station on Cty. F. Great tasting, highflying, pancakingly fun! Coffee, juice, and milk with your pancakes. $7 donation benefits the Door County Fire Departments.
• 9 – 11 am: Build your own kite @ the Nor Door YMCA. Sponsored by the Fish Creek Kite Co., families can stop in and build their own kites. Kids can fly their kites in the parade, too! $4 per kite.
• 10 am: Winter Festival Parade – come watch the goofy fun as it rambles down Hwy. 42
• 10 am – 5 pm: Winter Wine & Cherry Fest @ Orchard Country Winery & Market. Live music from 1-4 pm, winter sleigh rides all day.
• 11 am – 3 pm: SOUP! Project @ Peninsula School of Art. Buy a handmade bowl and eat some amazing soups while helping Feed My People of Door County and the Peninsula School of Art Outreach Program.
• 11 am – 3 pm: Chainsaw wood carving by Dave Bartels @ HideSide Corner Store
• 11 am – TBD: 4-on-4 Ice Volleyball Tournament on the ice by Fish Creek Beach, sponsored by the Northern Door Volleyball Association.
• 11 am-4pm:
– Kites Over the Bay @ Fish Creek Beach, sponsored by the Fish Creek Kite Co. Check out the amazing kites as they show off their brilliant colors in the winter sky.
– Concessions: beer, food & 2009 Winter Festival memorabilia
– Free Trolley rides around town and to the games
– Dog Sled Rides from Fish Creek Beach. The Door County Sled Dog team will offer rides – $10 for children, $15 for adults.
– Bike Toss @ Edge of Park and the Trillium Shop. Show off your muscles and balance while tossing a bike. Tosser with the greatest distance wins!
– Fish Boil Toss @ White Gull Inn (proceeds go to Girl Scouts). Aim fish boil ingredients at the pot.
– Fish hoops @ Parkwood Lodge (proceeds go to Peninsula Players Theatre). Warm up and toss rubber fish at the hoop in the indoor pool.
– Ice bowling @ Hat Head (proceeds go to Nor Door Athletics). This slippery lane and winter weather will test your bowling skills.
– Kids Fishing Pond @ Noble Square (proceeds go to Gibraltar Historical Association). Bring the small fries to Noble square to try their luck at fishing in a small pond.
– Kids Treasure Hunt @ Top of the Hill Shops. Kids of all ages are welcome to hunt for candy and prizes around the shops.
– Kick-a-Fish & Football toss @ Noble Square (proceeds go to Door County United soccer team). Test your foot, hand and eye coordination with these twists on the normal games.
– Miniature Golf @ Founders Square (proceeds go to Wellness Center of Door County). Fish-themed mini golf course to compete against your friends or strangers for the lowest par.
– Prize-in-a-Fish @ Santa Fe Shop (proceeds go to Family Centers of Door County).
– Snowshoe Dance @ J. Jeffrey Taylor Jewelers. Think you have two left feet? Try dancing in snowshoes!
• noon – 4 pm: Goldfish Races @ Hands On Art Studio (proceeds go to Door County Humane Society) with a trolley to Hands On every 15 minutes.
• 1 – 4 pm: Pie Tin Toss @ Sweetie Pies in the Settlement Shops (proceeds go to Sustain Door). Get the pie tin in the mouth of the polar bear and win a whole pie!
• 2 pm: Cherry Pit Spit @ Orchard Country Winery & Market (proceeds go to Fish Creek Civic Association). Can you spit the pit the farthest?
• 5:30 – 8 pm: Candlelight Ski @ Peninsula State Park.
• 7 pm: Door County Idol @ the Door Community Auditorium. Six of the peninsula’s most talented young adult singers will perform for a panel of judges. Come and cheer them on; the audience will vote for the finalist!
• 9 pm: Live Music @ Alexander’s Restaurant with Big Mouth
• Kites Over the Bay @ Fish Creek Beach
• 9 – 11 am: Chili Cook-Off entries accepted. Cook-off sponsored by the Gibraltar Grill. Test your “chili-ability” and bring a crock-pot of your favorite chili recipe to the Old Town Hall. Top three winners receive cash. Chili is sold after judging.
• 11 am – 12 pm: Chili Cook-Off judging
• 12 pm: Chili Cook-Off winners announced and bowls of chili available for sale.
• Raffle drawings after Chili Cook-Off winners announced!