Visitors to the hospital will not be allowed effective immediately at Door County Medical Center (DCMC).
Effective immediately the hospital is instituting a no visitor policy.
The following exceptions will be made for support persons. The support person must not be ill and should be free of any symptoms. Masks must be worn at all times by the allowed support person.
- Obstetrical patients may have one support person.
- Pediatric patients younger than 18 may have one parent or guardian present.
- Patients nearing end-of-life: special arrangements may be made with the family spokesperson.
- Patients having emergency surgery may have one support person.
- Patients seeking emergency care may have one support person who is required to be in the patient room at all times; extenuating circumstances will be evaluated.
Patients are to present to clinic for appointment alone. The support person must not be ill and should be free of any symptoms. Masks must be worn throughout the entire visit.
- A clinic patient may have a support person accompany them only if assistance is needed.
Skilled Nursing Facility
Visitors to the skilled nursing facility will not be allowed. Prearranged courtyard visits and compassionate care visits are permissible at this time.