• Ann Rankin, Occupational Therapist with Ministry Door County Medical Center (MDCMC), has earned the distinguished Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) designation. The CHT credential offers assurance to the public that the therapist treating them has achieved the highest recognition of competency in the profession of upper limb rehabilitation.
For more information call 920.746.0410.
• Baylake Bank tied for the number two spot among the Small Business Administration (SBA) top 15 lenders in northeastern Wisconsin for the year.
Baylake Bank Commercial Loan Officers Jamie Alberts, Dave Englebert, Leslie Gast, Ken Glasheen, Travis LeRoy, and Lindsay Tafelski secured more than $5,500,000 in SBA financing for local businesses between October 1, 2009 and September 30, 2010 – SBA’s fiscal year.
For more information call 920.743.5551 or visit http://www.baylake.com.
• The Door County Economic Development Corporation (DCEDC) and the UW-Green Bay Small Business Development Center (SBDC) are proud to sponsor the 10th annual NxLevel™ Entrepreneurial Training course in Door County. Beginning Feb. 28 at NWTC-Sturgeon Bay, the eight-week course will take students through a step-by-step approach to researching and writing a professional business plan.
DCEDC also announced that entrepreneur Will Gregory is the winner of a $1,000 cash award for the best business plan originating from the 2010 NxLevel Entrepreneurial Training course. Gregory will also receive a radio-advertising package from FM106.9 The Lodge. Gregory will open The Dogg Boss restaurant in the summer of 2011 in Sturgeon Bay.
DCEDC will host a free introduction to business-planning, “Starting a Business in Door County,” on Monday, Feb. 7 from 6 – 8 pm in the DCEDC Conference Room.
For more information call 920.743.3113 x200 or email [email protected].
• The Door County Home Builders Association (DCHBA) has installed 2011 officers and elected new members to its board of directors.
DCHBA 2011 officers are President Jack Gigstead, PortSide Builders, Inc.; President-elect Adam Deuchert, A. J. Deuchert Construction (also past president); Secretary Dennis VanBramer, Baudhuin Inc.; and Treasurer Jeff Dorner, Van’s Lumber & Custom Builders.
Also, members of the board include builder directors Ron Trimberger, Door County Interiors & Design; Kevin Guilette, Countrywide Construction; and Ethan Jorns, WE Builders, Inc.
Associate directors are Polly Alberts, Alberts Plastering; Dawn Honold, Title Services of Door County; and Brian Peot, Bay Surveying. Nancy Harvey is executive officer.
For more information visit http://www.dchba.org.
• Heather Olson, broker/owner of the Kellstrom-Ray Agency in Sister Bay has just earned the Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) Certification. Introduced in January 2006, RSPS is a nationally-recognized certification awarded by the National Association of REALTORS® to real estate professionals who wish to demonstrate and promote – to consumers and their peers alike – their expertise in the varied specialty.
Olson has been listing and selling Door County real estate since 1994.
For more information call 920.854.2353 or email [email protected].
• The Savory Spoon Cooking School of Ellison Bay will be featured on statewide television in January. Last summer a film crew visited the school at their present location, a historic schoolhouse, as well as the 150-year-old dairy farm that used to house the school.
The crew interviewed owner Janice Thomas and filmed one of her classes featuring artisan cheese makers for the television episode of Discover Wisconsin, “America’s Dairyland ‘Dairy Heiresses.’”
The episode is scheduled to air the weekend of Jan. 29 and 30 throughout the upper Midwest. The episode will air at 6 pm on Saturday on Green Bay’s station WFRV Channel 5 (CBS).
For more information about the Savory Spoon visit http://www.savoryspoon.com.
• Michelle Drover and Gretchen Johnson have launched a new website to help the public make the most of the Door County shopping experience: http://www.doorcountyshoppingdivas.com.
Drover and Johnson will post deals and coupons multiple times a day. To find a specific coupon, visitors of the site can click on Coupon Database and enter the brand name they are searching for.
Drover and Johnson will host an interactive presentation at the Northern Door YMCA on Wednesday, Feb. 9 from 10:30 – 11:30 am.
• Kathy Hollister, broker/owner of Wilson-Shaffer, Inc. Real Estate, is proud to announce that Mary Jo Ehnert is the company’s top sales agent for 2010. Ehnert is a 21-year veteran sales agent whose experience and expertise enables her to guide both sellers and buyers successfully through the intricacies of real estate sales. She holds the Graduate Real Estate Institute (GRI) and Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR) Designations.
For more information call 920.854.2363.