WisDOT issues tentative schedule, details for state highway projects
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation’s (WisDOT) Northeast Region has issued a list of state highway construction projects scheduled for calendar year 2021, including all regional projects on interstate highways and the U.S. and Wisconsin state highway systems.
This is a tentative listing, and projects may be added based on funding levels. All construction dates are weather dependent and subject to change.
Door County projects are as follows.
Highway 42 resurfacing in Liberty Grove and the Village of Sister Bay
• Location/limits: Scandia Road to Wisconsin Bay Road
• Length of project: 9.8 miles
• Schedule: Begins late April/early May; complete by June 25
• Description: Mill and resurface existing asphaltic lanes and shoulders, add gravel to existing shoulders, and mark pavement
• Traffic impacts: Highway 42 will remain open to traffic throughout construction, with flagging operations as necessary.
Highway 57 resurfacing in Sevastopol, Jacksonport and Baileys Harbor
• Location/limits: Highway 42 to Summit Road
• Length of project: 17.5 miles
• Schedule: Fifty-five working days are anticipated, with no work during the peak summer season
• Description: Mill and resurface existing asphaltic lanes and shoulders, add gravel to shoulders, improve beam guards and perform associated minor grading, add center-line and shoulder rumble strips, and mark pavement
• Traffic impacts: Traffic will be reduced to one counter-directional lane using flagging operations during daytime hours of the allowed work time frames.
Details about construction activities, traffic impacts and project progress are available through the Northeast Region websites, Twitter account and weekly construction update, which is distributed every Friday, April – November, and is available at projects.511wi.gov/weeklyupdates-ne.