Family Art Day Calendar Released in Door County
Kids and families are invited to free Family Art Days every third Saturday of the month throughout the 2008-09 school year. Family Art Days are a great opportunity for parents and kids spend time together in a creative atmosphere. Days are scheduled from 10 am – 2 pm, and are free for Door County residents, $5 for all others. Families can sign the guest book upon arrival, but no registration is necessary. Projects are suitable for children ages 3 ½ to 17. This year’s projects feature a variety of two- and three-dimensional art forms, and plenty of opportunities to learn from the art on exhibit in the Guenzel Gallery.
Projects help children and parents work alongside each other, learning to respect each other’s problem solving choices, and developing creative thinking skills. Parents are encouraged to complete their own projects, allowing the children to make their own artistic decisions. Family Days are supported in part with a grant through the Wisconsin Arts Board and through private funding and supply donations.
The Family Art Day Calendar includes:
• September 20: Tribal Textiles of Southwest China
• October 18: Masks and the Art of Disguise
• November 15: Potters Guild and Friends
• January 17: Kid’s Gallery Salon
• February 21: We Love Winter
• March 21: Small Treasures: Miniature Sculpture
• April 18: Fantastic Architecture
• May 16: Spring Youth Arts Contest
For more information visit http://www.peninsulaartschool.com.