Gibraltar Area Schools is beginning free food distribution for any child residing in the Gibraltar School District area. This program is for all children ages 18 and younger – not just enrolled students.
Starting on March 30, bag lunches will be available for pick up at the following locations: Sister Bay Fire Station, Gibraltar Fire Station, Bailey’s Harbor Town Hall, and Egg Harbor Fire Station #1. Lunches will be available Monday through Friday, from 11 am – 1 pm and 4-6 pm. No registration or application is necessary.
District cooks will be preparing the meals each day. Food is being prepared in a safe and constantly cleaned environment. Bus drivers will distribute meals to each location using school buses that are safe and cleaned on a regular basis. All district personnel involved with this program will be following strict safety guidelines.
PICK UP PROCEDURES
Please follow these procedures to ensure the health and safety of all.
- Follow social distancing practices at pick up locations
- Park your car, exit your vehicle, and stand behind the traffic cones by the bus door
- Signal to the driver the number of lunches you need
- The bus driver will place the lunches on the bottom step of the bus
- The bus driver will open the door
- Grab the lunches from the bottom step and return to your vehicle
Please pick up one lunch per child per day. You can email [email protected] for any questions related to this service or if you need additional support.
To help plan for the first days of food service, you can take the following survey. This is not an application and you are not required to complete this survey. This survey does not collect any personal information.