1. The 2014 Door County Half Marathon, May 3, 2014, at Peninsula State Park in Fish Creek.
2. Bay Flyers RC Show & Flying Exhibition at their grounds at the Peninsular Agricultural Station in Sturgeon Bay on June 8, 2014.
3. People enjoying the Door County Beer Festival in Baileys Harbor on June 14, 2014.
4. Bikers hit the causeway at Kangaroo Lake during the Ride for Nature on June 14, 2014.
5. Vampires, ghosts and mummies were part of The Mystery of Irma Vep, which opened at Peninsula Players Theatre in Fish Creek on July 30, 2014. For those who like anagrams, Irma Vep is one.
6. 4H Rockers and Rollers Drill Team won the Door County Fair 12th Annual Stock Horse of Wisconsin (S.H.O.W.) Drill Team Competition on Saturday, Aug. 3, 2014 in Sturgeon Bay. The event was held in memory of S.H.O.W. founding member and drill team coach Chloe Schopf.
7. Open Door Bird Sanctuary presented Culver’s is for the Birds starring Aisling the owl, shown here with Rob Hults, executive director of the Open Door Bird Sanctuary in Jacksonport, on Aug. 9, 2014 at Culver’s in Sturgeon Bay.
8. WIFEE and the HUZz BAND (featuring Ruby James and Stephen Cooper) put on an amazing show at Florian’s II in Baileys Harbor on Aug. 15, 2014.
9. Installing the Nathan Hatch sculpture Guide at the Peninsula Art School on Aug. 18, 2014 in Fish Creek. Present are Nathan Hatch (flannel), Kelly Smethurst (blue shirt), Stewart Birmingham (white shirt) and Rick Chomeau (red sweatshirt).
10. The grassroots efforts of Sturgeon Bay skateboarders and their families paid off in early September when the Sturgeon Bay Skatepark opened.
11. Minnesota musician Charlie Parr performed at Door County Brewing Co. in Baileys Harbor on Sept. 13. Before the show, Charlie shared with the Pulse a few recipes he developed for cooking on the manifold of his vehicle while traveling between shows.
12. Mushroom forager Shannon Pump was featured in the Oct. 3, 2014 issue of the Pulse.
13. Dave Revels, lead singer of the acapella group The Persuasions, works with Sevastopol students at the school on Oct. 3, before the students joined the vocal group on stage at the Door Community Auditorium on Oct. 5 for Ministry Door County Medical Center’s “Celebrate Community” concert.
14. Ephraim firefighters paid tribute to Assistant Chief Bill Weborg, who died of a heart attack while in the line of duty on Sept. 26, 2004. A plaque honoring Weborg was attached to the Ephraim Firehouse Museum during the Oct. 18, 2014, ceremony.