Green Bay Multisport and the organizers of the Door County Triathlon are putting on a free training day at Murphy Park on Saturday, June 29th. This is an excellent opportunity to work on your open water swimming and gain some familiarity with the bike course!
DATE: Saturday, June 29th
LOCATION: Frank E. Murphy County Park, 7119 Bay Shore Drive, Egg Harbor, WI
8:00 AM: SWIM
- Sprint and Half Iron distance courses will have the swim turns marked, conditions permitting. Note: If surface conditions and/or current are challenging, we will abbreviate the long course swim to a three loop (0.4 mile) triangular course.
- Supported by team members in kayaks and paddleboards.
9:30 AM: BIKE
- Bike begins.
- Athletes are able to preview both Sprint and Half Iron distance courses.
- Team members will lead various paces but you are free to ride at whatever pace you are comfortable with.
- Aid stations at miles 9 (Sprint turnaround), 25/30 (you go by twice), and 48.
- Water, Gatorade and some food (granola bars, fig newtons, pretzels at all stations.
- 2nd aid station will close at 11:30 am, 3rd will close at 12:45 pm.
- Athletes are welcome to add in a run after the bike but it must be self-supported.
COST: $ZERO…It’s a FREE training day!