Welcome to Notes from the Grove, providing information about Liberty Grove town government to residents and visitors.
• The board approved East Door Bluff Road as a Heritage Road. It also approved a moratorium until the end of the year on additional Heritage Roads. The board and highway committee will begin a review of the program this summer.
• A survey of Sand Bay and Europe Bay Town Parks was approved to establish property lines and bulkhead lines as part of the beach improvements for those parks. Cord walks for beach access were also approved in addition to fencing at the north end of Sand Bay beach where a spring exists posing a potential hazard.
• The highway committee will finalize their recommendation for Garrett Bay Road based upon the information provided by Baudhuin Engineering. They will make their recommendation to the town board. A public hearing on the project is scheduled for July 11 at 7 pm in the Town Hall. State statutes provide for public hearings, but they are not town board meetings, nor a meeting on the town electors. Committee Chairman Mike Walker will chair the hearing. The board will be present at the hearing but will not be a participant. No action, other than receiving public comments, will be taken at the public hearing.
At the July 17 regular town board meeting, the board will make a decision on the project. Public input on the project will not be allowed at that meeting as the public will have the opportunity to comment at the highway meeting on July 1 and the hearing on July 11.
• The following roads will be closed from 10 am to 12:30 pm on June 29 for Olde Ellison Bay Days: Old Stage from Highview to Highway 42; Humbug from Highview to Highway 42; all of Hillside; all of Bay Lane; all of Cedar Shore; Garrett Bay Birchwood to Highway 42; and all of Old School. Mink River Road will be closed from 9:30 am to 12 pm from Lakeview to Highway 42.
• Marne Kaeske from The Ridges Sanctuary gave the board a report on Hine’s Emerald Dragonfly best management practices outreach and project update. Information may be found on The Ridges Sanctuary website, ridgessanctuary.org.
• Death’s Door Marine completed the dredging at Ellison Bay marina.
• The town office will be closed July 4 and 5.