Welcome to the Notes from the Grove, providing Liberty Grove residents and visitors tid bits of information about goings on in town government.
• Liberty Grove has received a thank you from Norsec Computer Recyclers LLC for the successful recycling drive held Aug. 6 at the Town Hall. Information supplied by Norsec indicated 39 computer monitors, 54 televisions and 31 refrigerant units in addition to countless other electronics were collected. The Town Board will consider scheduling another recycling drive in late fall at their regular meeting Sept. 7.
• The Plan Commission has sent a recommendation to the Town Board to support the Seaquist Conditional Use request to construct a year around facility to process many of their home products. Updating of equipment and facilities is needed to accommodate their purchase of Dixie’s Home Style Preserves. The building would be built adjacent to their Farm Market located on Highway 42 between Sister Bay and Ellison Bay. It would not be used for cherry processing, retail or open to the public. The Town Board will consider the recommendation at the Sept. 7 meeting.
• The Parks and Properties Committee has sent the question of consideration of purchasing Gills Rock shoreline parcels back to the Town Board, asking for clarification and positions on purchasing shoreline parcels.
• A notice has been sent to property owners adjacent to Isle View Road informing them of the time table and schedule for the improvement of the road from fall of 2011 through early summer of 2012. Trees will be removed, ditches will be created, the road will be re-paved and gravel shoulders will be added. While the schedule is subject to change depending on the weather and availability of contractors, it is a close approximation of the proposed work. The road will remain open for traffic.
• A burn permit is required in the town for all open fires. Permits may be obtained at Jungwirth Ace Hardware in Sister Bay. Please contact the Town Office with questions.
• The Board of Review is scheduled for September 28 at 1 pm in the Town Hall. Open book is the week prior.
• After the Special Town Meeting on May 31, 1878 which authorized painting of the Town House with two coats, bills totaling $14.70 – $7.50 for 75 lbs. white lead and $6.80 for 8.5 gallons of linseed oil – were approved at the July 5, 1879 meeting. On December 2, 1879 the bill from John Thoreson for 1.5 days using a team to get the oil and lead was approved for $3.