Job Fair Sept. 21

• The Door County Job Center is holding a Job Fair Wednesday, Sept. 21, from 2 – 6 pm in the Cherry Point Mall in Sturgeon Bay. Past Job Fairs have shown tremendous success with up to 23 employers and 244 job seekers attending. For more information, contact Kim Carley at 920.743.6915 or [email protected].

• The Door County Social Services Board will hold a public hearing to gather input about an application for federal assistance for the Door County Transportation System. The hearing will be held at the Senior Resource Center, 832 N. 14th Avenue, Sturgeon Bay at 1:30 pm Sept. 20.

The total anticipated operating deficit for the Door County Transportation System for 2012 is $485,368, of which the state share is 35 percent, local share is 15 percent for a combined total of $242,684. The maximum federal share, 50 percent, is $242,684.

For purposes of operating assistance, the “Door County Transportation System” consists of the Senior Resource Center bus, Sunshine House Inc. vehicles, and the Door2Door Rides shared ride taxi service.