• Current and former employees of Al Johnson’s Swedish Restaurant and Butik are organizing an Employee Reunion Party in honor of the restaurant’s 60th anniversary this year. The official reunion party is Saturday, August 22, 2009, from 4 – 8 pm, in the Helm’s Area of Waterfront Park, Sister Bay, (behind the Post Office) weather permitting. The rain location will be the Sister Bay Village Hall.
The Web site http://www.aljohnsonsreunion.com contains information about the reunion party, including a list of employees planning on attending the party and a way to RSVP, as all individuals interested in attending need to RSVP so that organizers can plan appropriately. The site also includes a listing of other activities planned throughout the weekend, including mini-golf at the Red Putter, the Mullet Hunters performance at The Sister Bay Bowl after the party, and much more.
All current and former Al’s employees – those attending the reunion and those who cannot – are encouraged to submit in writing descriptions of their best and worst work experiences/stories from their time at Al’s. Event organizers are putting together a book of stories and photos to give to Al and Ingert Johnson at the reunion party.
• Ivan A. Delbecchi has been hired as Managing Director of Baylake Insurance Agency, Inc. In this role, Delbecchi is responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of the company’s strategy to support its planned expansion of personal and commercial insurance offerings within the Baylake franchise. Delbecchi brings with him more than 20 years of experience in sales, sales management, and business-to-business sales. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a Finance and Economics focus. For more information visit http://www.baylake.com or call 920.743.5551 or 800.267.3610.
• A Vera Bradley Open House will take place from 5 – 7 pm Monday, Aug. 10, at City Farmer, 10432 Highway 42 in Ephraim. Vera Bradley is a designer and manufacturer of fabric handbags and luggage in company created colorful patterns along with stationary and sunglasses. City Farmer introduced the Vera Bradley collection earlier this year and already carries an extensive array of items. People will have a chance to check out the line at City Farmer and also see what is new during the open house.
Bethany Campbell, a sales representative for Vera Bradley, will speak on the qualities of the collection and answer questions. People who make a $50 or more purchase on Aug. 10 will receive a gift while supplies last, and a Vera Bradley journal, showing vast colors and patterns, will sell at a promotional price of $15. Appetizers, wine and other beverages will be served. Drawings for a Vera Bradley items will take place as well. For more information visit http://www.thecityfarmer.com or call 920.854.7501.
• Door County native Chanta Van Laanen returns to her roots, bringing with her Traditional Chinese Medicine treatments and philosophies in her new clinic New Leaf Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine. The clinic opened on July 20 and represents the culmination of a dream to provide affordable health care alternatives to the Door County community. Her office is located at 7775 Highway 42, above Sommer Stad, in downtown Egg Harbor.
To celebrate the grand opening, New Leaf is inviting one and all to drop by the office this week for free acupuncture demonstrations and Q & A with the acupuncturist. Office hours are Monday through Thursday 11 am – 8 pm. In line with New Leaf’s mission to provide an affordable health care option, prices are on a sliding scale. Additional discounts are available for monthly treatment packages.
New Leaf offers an array of services in addition to acupuncture, including cupping, moxibustion, acupressure and herbal medicine. Cosmetic acupuncture will be available in the near future.
Van Laanen is a graduate of UW-Madison College of Agriculture and Life Science, and she completed her MS in Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine at Southern California University of Health Sciences. She is a Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.) in the state of Wisconsin.
• In June, Northern Door Communications of Sister Bay received their 13th “Agent-of-the-Year” award at the annual Cellcom agent’s meeting in Green Bay.
Although owner Greg Diltz does business in a smaller, rural market, he finds it vital to stay in touch with current industry trends, developing technologies and forecasts of where the industry is going. Diltz attended both the IWCE and CTIA international wireless shows in Las Vegas this spring. At the conferences, Diltz heard keynote speeches given by the CEOs of leading wireless carriers as well as RIM, the Blackberry device company. IWCE focuses on two-way radio technologies, whereas, CTIA is the cellular showcasing event of the year.
Northern Door Communications has been providing paging, 2-way radio and cellular phone equipment and services for 25 years. They are also the longest serving 5-Star CELLCOM dealer in Door County. Diltz, directs most of the credit for their strong customer loyalty and repeated recognition to the superior sales and service provided by store manager, Liz Hecht.
• The Wellness Center of Door County is proud to announce the addition of Jean Nolan RN-C, WHNP who is a board certified Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner. Joining Nurse Practitioner, Michele Geiger-Bronsky MSN, FNP-BC in seeing patients at their Sturgeon Bay office, Nolan is bringing over 20 years of women’s health expertise to the reproductive health services provided at the Wellness Center. Nolan and Geiger-Bronsky are the sole medical providers in Door and Kewaunee County who are certified to insert Implanon™, a three year reversible method of birth control. For further information about the Wellness Center located at 312 N. 5th Avenue in Sturgeon Bay, please log onto http://www.wellnesscenterofdoorcounty,com or call 920.746.9444 to schedule an appointment.