• To accommodate its sesquicentennial event, the Sevastopol Town Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, July 27, at 7 pm instead of its regularly scheduled meeting July 20.
• A Celebration of the Life of Geri Norz will be held at the Gibraltar Fire Station at 3496 July 25 at 1 pm. Norz, the long-time owner and butcher at the Fish Creek General Store, died June 8 at age 78.
• The Town of Baileys Harbor will consider implementing an architectural review committee at a special joint meeting of the Town board and Plan Commission Aug. 3.
•Twenty-eight Door County students will receive scholarship awards ranging from $1,000 to $6,500 at a ceremony Aug. 5 at the KI Convention Center in Green Bay. For more information, please call 920.430.1363.
• The Jacksonport Town Board meets at 7 pm July 28. The meeting will be the first for new Town Chairman Jim Sarosiek and will be held the Jacksonport Fire Station.
• Regular updates on the progress of the Michigan Street Construction can be accessed by visiting the City of Sturgeon Bay Web site at http://www.sturgeonbaywi.org.
• The Governor’s Council on Public Health is formulating the state’s long-term public health plan, Healthiest Wisconsin 2020. To get information or contribute thoughts to the council, visit http://dhs.wisconsin.gov/statehealthplan/hw202/forums/index or call Margaret Schmelzer at 608.266.0877 or [email protected].
• The Village of Egg Harbor recycling hours are 7 – 10 am Wednesdays and 9 am – noon Saturdays through October at 4579 Ball Park Rd. on the south end of the village.