• Liberty Square of Egg Harbor will offer “The Board Room After Dark” nightly from 9 pm – midnight. The new option will open the elegant Board Room up to people looking for a quiet and comfortable place to obtain refreshments after attending theater, musical or other performances. Offering mixed drinks, wine and beer, specialty desserts, light snacks, other refreshments, and more, patrons of the arts have a wonderful option to extend their evening. Located very close to Birch Creek, Peninsula Players, AFT, Door Community Auditorium, The Peg Egan Performing Arts Center and other entertainment venues, Liberty Square is located in Egg Harbor at 7755 Hwy 42. For more information call 920.868.4800.
• After closing due to a fire last May, The Cookery Restaurant is now open. Located in downtown Fish Creek, The Cookery is owned by Dick and Carol Skare, owners since 1977. The fire damaged the restaurant badly enough that it had to be rebuilt from the ground up. The building was designed by Linville Architects of Madison and built by Van’s Lumber and Custom Builders of Dykesville and Egg Harbor.
A new aspect of the business is a waterview wine bar on the second level of the restaurant which is open daily, 11 am – 11 pm and serves a light fare menu of appetizers, small plates, whitefish chowder and desserts.
The Cookery Restaurant serves lunch and dinner daily and is open 11 am – 9 pm Monday through Friday. On Saturday and Sunday the restaurant is serving a brunch menu and opens at 8 am.
For more information visit http://www.cookeryfishcreek.com.
• The Door County Economic Development Corporation and the UW-Green Bay Small Business Development Center will be offering free, one-on-one business counseling sessions on Thursday, July 2, 9 am – 5 pm, for any new or existing business owners in Door County. Chuck Brys, Business Counselor for the Small Business Development Center, will be providing advice on business planning, financing and other issues. Individual, confidential sessions will be held at the Door County Business Development Center, 185 East Walnut Street, Sturgeon Bay. An appointment is required and can be made by contacting Janet Frick-Warecki at 920.743.3113 x 200 or via email at [email protected].
• “Fresh,” a raw and natural foods deli, organic juice and smoothie bar, is now open at Greens N Grains in Egg Harbor. Having completed a 1,000 square foot expansion into the adjacent storefront, the healthy options have expanded at Greens N Grains natural food store. The “Fresh” vegetarian and raw food deli and juice bar is now open daily from 7 am – 5 pm. “Fresh” serves a variety of pressed-to-order organic veggie juices and fruit smoothies as well as a wide variety of raw and natural food main courses. Coming attractions include a tea bar and organic coffees.
Greens N Grains, located at 7821 Hwy 42, is open daily from 10 am – 6 pm Sunday through Thursday and until 7 pm on Fridays and Saturdays. For more information call 920.868.9999, email [email protected], or visit http://www.Greens-N-Grains.com.
• On Saturday, June 27 the Holiday “Music” Motel invites the community to tour the newly renovated motel at an Open House from 1 – 7:30 pm. Live music, which is a very apt celebration for the one-of-a-kind “Music Motel,” will be featured between 1 – 4 pm.
The motel was closed after a fire in 2007, and two years later, the boutique motel will re-open with its 1950s feel in tact. The dozen-plus, like-minded music lovers that operate the motel under Holiday Motel Management LLC have also taken measures to implement green building practices into the space, as well as infuse music throughout the rooms, literally. Unlike any other hotel in existence, the Holiday Music Motel’s guest rooms will feature a digitally wired jack that connects each room directly to the on-site recording studio.
Guest rooms feature a delightful mix of modern conveniences and retro charm. The motel’s vintage 1950s Simmons furnishings have been refurbished and reinstalled alongside brand new beds topped with inviting, white comforters. All rooms feature Wi-Fi Internet access, a small refrigerator, cable TV, telephones, individual thermostats, and sound-treated floors and walls. Guests to the Holiday Music Motel will find its affordable new rooms clean, comfortable, smoke-free, and pet friendly.
For more information or reservations call 920.743.5571 or visit http://www.holidaymusicmotel.com.
• Mitch Larson, owner of On Deck Clothing Company with locations in Fish Creek, Sister Bay and Sturgeon Bay, was recently recognized as the number two store for yearly volume purchases from N.W. Buyer’s. Founded in 1920, N.W. Buyers is a Minneapolis based buying organization for the independent menswear industry consisting of approximately 400 independent men’s stores located throughout the United States. The organization is owned by its member stores and operated solely for their benefit. On Deck has been a member of the organization since 1998 and a leader in the menswear retail industry. For more information call 920.868.9091 or visit http://www.ondeckclothing.com.
• Bob Lindahl has joined Professional Realty in Sister Bay following a 34-year career as a teacher, middle school principal and director for facilities in the St. Charles, IL schools. Lindahl has also made investing in Real estate a hobby for many years, including the purchase of a farm near Gills Rock about 11 years ago. For more information, contact Professional Realty at 920.854.4994.
• The start of the 2009 tourist season brings with it a slightly new look for the Sister Bay Bowl. The Willems family has added “Earl’s” to the Sister Bay Bowl name to honor The Bowl’s founder and patriarch of the Willems family. A bright new sign has been created to announce the change. The sign was designed by Octane Creative and fabricated by Maple Street Signs, both of Sturgeon Bay. The Bowl now serves lunches and dinners and has added pizza to their bar and carry-home menus. More information online at http://www.SisterBayBowl.com or call 920.854.2841.