Five Door County locations will be open to the public as part of the 21st Annual National Solar Tour, the world’s largest grassroots solar event, which will be held Saturday, Oct. 1.
This free event takes place across Wisconsin from 10 am to 4 pm and showcases the solar technologies your neighbors are using to drastically reduce their monthly energy bills, reduce carbon emissions and enjoy tax credits and cash incentives as they improve their property values.
The five Door County locations are:
- Kellems Cottage, 120 Alabama St., Sturgeon Bay.
- Crossroads at Big Creek, 2041 Michigan St., Sturgeon Bay.
- Westside Fire Station, 656 S. Oxford Ave., Sturgeon Bay.
- The Olson home, 46 E. Redwood St., Sturgeon Bay.
- Lake Michigan Wind & Sun Ltd., 1015 County U, Sturgeon Bay.
Last year more than 250 people visited one of 35 host sites across Wisconsin. Tours afford participants the direct perspectives of homeowners and installers about the costs, processes and economic and environmental benefits of going solar.
To find other sites in Wisconsin, visit midwestsolartraining.org/solartour.