A Republican candidate for Wisconsin’s U.S. Senate seat (Nicholson) recently questioned the “cognitive thought process” of veterans who vote for Democrats. Veterans across the state and in Washington DC denounced his comments as attacking service men and women, who are Democrats, as being unpatriotic and lacking commitment to our country. Really? Bashing veterans who happen to be Democrats to bolster your own campaign is not what we need.
Instead we need our elected officials to care about all veterans.
Instead let’s look at Tammy Baldwin’s record of achievements for all veterans – Republican and Democratic veterans!
- Strong record of working hard for Wisconsin veterans
- Fought to provide adequate funding for veterans’ health care, educFation, and job-training programs
- Authored Jason Simcakoski Memorial Opioid Safety Act which provides safer and more effective pain management services to veterans
- Worked in close consultation with medical professionals and veterans service organizations on the Simcakoski legislation
- Cosponsored bill making continuing appropriations for military pay and death benefits in the event of a Government shutdown
- Sponsored bill to require VA to establish process to ensure health care providers use safe practices in prescribing opioids to veterans and many more initiatives and legislations
You have a choice to support all veterans when you vote for Tammy Baldwin for Wisconsin U.S. Senator in November, 2018. I know that I will!
Sister Bay, Wis.