Notes from the Grove
Welcome to the Notes from the Grove, providing Liberty Grove residents and visitors tid bits of information about goings on in town government.
• Door County Public Health will be providing flu shots on October 22 from 11:30 am – 1 pm at the Town Hall. The cost is $30. Medicare B cardholders need to present their card for a no cost shot.
• Absentee ballots for the November 2 General Election are available at the Town Office. They must be picked up in person.
• It is anticipated the first November Town Board meeting will be held on Thursday, November 4 instead of the regular Wednesday meeting date.
• The final budget hearing is set for November 15. Please check the town website for details. The Finance Committee is meeting before each board meeting as part of the preparation of the 2011 budgeting process. Committees are continuing their budgeting process. The meetings are open to the public. Check the website for dates and time of committee meetings.
• The Waterfront and Parks and Properties Committee are continuing their discussions on proposals for the Garrett Bay Launch Ramp and adjacent park. Public restrooms in the parks will be closing the third week of October.
• The Highway Committee has selected various road projects for 2011. They are listed on the town website. These roads have not been approved for road work, just recommended. Final adjustments take place at the Finance Committee meetings in October.
To contact John Lowry regarding the Town of Liberty Grove or information found within this column, email [email protected] or call the Town of Liberty Grove at 920.854.2934.