Welcome to the Notes from the Grove, providing Liberty Grove residents and visitors tid bits of information about goings on in town government.
• The Town Board has decided to finish the front of the Old Fire Station to match the remodeled front of the Ellison Bay Post Office. The siding facing Garrett Bay Road will be upgraded to match that on the Post Office. The South Bay overhead door will be removed and a new passage doorway installed. The North Bay overhead door will not be replaced. Discussions continue as to whether or not to eventually add public restrooms at this location. It is anticipated the drop off mailbox will be relocated to the north end of the parking lot. The signs indicating fire station and municipal building will be removed.
• Discussions continue on the Garrett Bay launch ramp and plans for parking. Both the Waterfront and Parks and Properties Committee are involved in the discussions.
• A reminder that June 28, 2011 is the date that has been selected for the Community Well Testing Program. Well water samples turned in that day will be transported to UW-Stevens Point for in-depth analysis. The testing will cover three major categories: metals, pesticides, and bacteria. Each test will require a separate water sample. The three tests cost a total of $103. Please contact the Town Office for additional information and to sign up for the program.
• Door County Public Health will be providing flu shots on October 22 from 11:30 am – 1 pm at the Town Hall. The cost is $30. Medicare B cardholders need to present their card for a no cost shot.
• Work continues on the budgeting for next year. The final hearing on the budget is scheduled for November 15. The Finance Committee will meet on October 26 at 8 am to consider the budgeting requests from various committees. The meeting is open to the public.
• The Highway Committee has recommended various road projects for 2011. They are listed on the town website. Final decisions on the projects will be made during the finance deliberations.
• The IT Committee is seeking persons interested in serving on the committee. Please contact Janet Johnson at the Town Office for information.
To contact John Lowry regarding the Town of Liberty Grove or information found within this column, email [email protected] or call the Town of Liberty Grove at 920.854.2934.