Welcome to the Notes from the Grove, providing Liberty Grove residents and visitors tid bits of information about goings on in town government.
• The Town Board decided to increase the Town Levy by 2 percent. The proposal from the Finance Committee was to hold to last years levy but concerns were expressed that under the new State Administration levy limits may be frozen at current levels. A 3 percent increase is allowed but the Board felt 2 percent would be adequate.
• Stephen Christy has volunteered to assist the Highway Committee in developing a revised policy of tree trimming along Town Roads. Christy is recognized as an authority on maintaining a natural and rural appearance along roads while providing for proper road maintenance.
• The Town Hall will be closed Nov. 25 and 26. It will also be closed December 24. The Town Hall will be open from 9 am to noon on December 31 for anyone wishing to pay their property taxes.
• The Ellison Bay tree lighting ceremony is scheduled for 5 pm December 5. It will be held in the parking lot across the street from the Viking. Following the ceremony the Ellison Bay Service Group, Baylake Bank, and Top of the Thumb are sponsoring chili and cookies at the Mink River Basin.
• For Committee meetings and agendas please check the Town website.
To contact John Lowry regarding the Town of Liberty Grove or information found within this column, email [email protected] or call the Town of Liberty Grove at 920.854.2934.