Welcome to the Notes from the Grove providing Liberty Grove residents and visitors tidbits of information about the goings on in Town Government.
• Don’t forget that the Town Offices are in their temporary location at the North Fire Station. We are hoping to be in the remodeled Town Hall in late November.
• The offices will be closed Friday, July 3.
• Town and Committee meetings are being held at the Ellison Bay Women’s Club. Please check the calendar on the Town web site (http://libertygrove.org/) for times and possible location changes. Please note the second Board meeting of July will be on July 22.
• The recent meeting of the Health, Safety and Welfare committee received important information from Janet Johnson regarding assistance for those who are required to upgrade their sanitary systems. The USDA Rural Development Department may be able to provide some forms of financial assistance. Julie Felhofer from that department will be here on July 29 to meet individually with anyone interested in learning about the program. Please call Janet at the Town Office – 920.854.2934 for further information and appointment times. A letter will be sent to those who received notice last year and have not upgraded their systems. Those receiving a notice this year will also be contacted. Chris Olson, from the Door County Sanitarian’s Office and Julie will be on WDOR at 10:15 am July 22 to explain the testing of on site sanitary systems and what assistance may be available.
• The sewer and water extension has been completed on Beach Road. Resurfacing is scheduled for this week. After that is completed reconstruction of the side of the road will begin.
• The Town is concentrating on the acquisition of several parcels at Gills Rock that were part of the original feasibility study for a harbor of refuge there. Once the property is acquired, meetings will be held on the future use of that property. No proposals will be studied or put forth until the results of negotiations with the owners and subsequent town meeting are completed.
• The Town Plan Commission will next meet on July 6 at 7 pm at the Women’s Club. The Commission is continuing its review of the Town Smart Growth Comprehensive Plan. Once the review is finished, recommendations will be made to the Town Board on suggested changes/additions to the Plan.
• The DNR is marking trees for harvesting in the forest management program off the end of Old Stage Lane. DNR staff have informed the Town that the presence of wet areas in the parcel will require the harvesting to take place over a “freeze down road” as originally set forth.
To contact John Lowry regarding the Town of Liberty Grove or information found within this column, email [email protected] or call the Town of Liberty Grove at 920.854.2934.