On Saturday June 27, Door County will be alive with visitors streaming into the well-manicured yards of homeowners throughout the county as Waterscape Designs of Forestville presents the 4th Annual Parade of Ponds. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Family Centers of Door County Inc. a non-profit organization that provides fun, family entertainment and education for people of all ages throughout the county.
The Parade of Ponds showcases various types of water features created by WaterScape Designs; however, some of the water gardens on the tour have been installed by the homeowners themselves. This one-day event will feature a self-guided tour at nine locations. Gardens will be open between the hours of 9 am – 6 pm, with the pond walk tour locations as follows:
• WaterScape Designs: 6981 Geier Road, Forestville
• Arlene and Jerry Mancheski: 1908 Taube Rd, Sturgeon Bay
• White Lace Inn: 16 N. 5th Avenue, Sturgeon Bay
• Trudy and Howard Kinn: 1727 Washington Drive, Sturgeon Bay
• Mary and Ron Greisen: 1028 S. 19th Place, Sturgeon Bay
• The Garden Door: 4312 State Highway 42, Sturgeon Bay
• Laura Marx/Rick Thrun: 6447 W. Whitefish Bay Road, Sturgeon Bay
• Dianne VanRiper: 5361 Pine Tree Road E, Sturgeon Bay
• Anne and Lance Lucibello: 8948 Spring Road, Fish Creek
The cost to attend Parade of Ponds is $15/per person with no charge for children 10 and under. The price of admission includes a wristband and booklet with a map and concise descriptions for every water garden on the tour.
Transportation options are available through the Senior Resource Center, 920.746.2542, as well as the Door County-Green Bay Shuttle Service, 920.746.0500. Carpool options are available from Door Tran by calling 920.743.9999.
Admission passes may be purchased in advance at all Baylake Bank locations in Door County, WaterScape Designs, the Family Centers Main Office and Cattail Café. Credit card orders will also be taken by calling 920.856.6565 or by visiting http://www.paradeofpondsdoorcounty.com.