The Peninsula Music Festival (PMF) is pleased to announce its 2008 Wisconsin Public Radio (WPR) broadcast schedule. Each of the pieces of music being broadcast was recorded by WPR during the August 2007 season at the Door Community Auditorium in Fish Creek.
Each year, PMF records selected concerts for future broadcast on WPR. “The radio broadcasts have become a much anticipated event for our audience,” commented PMF Executive Director Sharon Grutzmacher. “It bridges the time from August to August for our loyal audience and helps to create a new audience by bringing the festival’s high level of performance to the people of the entire state of Wisconsin. Additionally, those who can no longer attend the festival’s August concerts can continue to enjoy their orchestra.”
The upcoming radio broadcasts are made possible by Fred and Debi Anderson, Ashbrooke Suites; Gannett Wisconsin D.B.A. The Door Reminder; Robert and Cindy Sargent; The Archibald Douglas Charitable Trust; and all the people who cast a vote during “Battle of the Baton.”
Five broadcasts have been scheduled beginning on Tuesday, March 25 and continuing through June 17. Listeners outside of Wisconsin can listen online by visiting the Peninsula Music Festival website. Click on “Upcoming Radio Broadcasts” and follow the link to the Wisconsin Public Radio site.
The five upcoming radio broadcasts are:
• Tuesday, March 25, noon – Vivaldi Guitar Concerto in D major, R. 93 (P. 209) (recorded on August 14, 2007) Soloist: Jason Vieaux, guitar.
• Thursday, March 27, 10 am – Mozart Sinfonia Concertante for Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Horn and Orchestra in E-flat major, K. 297b (K. Anh. 9) (recorded on August 14, 2007) Soloists: Eric Olson, oboe; Ron Samuels, clarinet; Philip Pandolfi, bassoon; Richard Britsch, horn.
• Wednesday, May 14, 9 am – Handel Music for Royal Fireworks (recorded on August 14, 2007)
• Friday, May 16, 2 pm – Morel Fantasia de la Danza for Guitar and Orchestra (recorded on August 14, 2007) Soloist: Jason Vieaux, guitar.
• Tuesday, June 17, 1 pm – Strauss Serenade for Winds in E-flat major, Op. 7 (recorded on August 16, 2007)
• Thursday, June 19, 2 pm – Dvorak Symphony No. 8 in G major, Op. 88 (recorded on August 16, 2007)
For more information visit the website at http://www.musicfestival.com or call the festival office at 920.854.4060.