The Door county Public Health Department is offering drive-thru COVID-19 booster vaccine clinics Nov. 17 and 18. The clinics will be held at the Emergency Services Building located at 916 North 14th Ave. in Sturgeon Bay.
The first clinic will be held Wednesday, Nov. 17 from noon – 5:30 pm. The second will be held Thursday, Nov. 18 from 10 am – 4 pm.
Eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose. Some people may have a preference for the vaccine type that they originally received, and others may prefer to get a different booster.
Those who received the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine are eligible for a booster no sooner than 6 months after receiving your second dose if you are:
• 65 or older
• Age 18+ who live in long-term care settings
• Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions
• Age 18+ who work or live-in high-risk settings
For those who received Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine and are aged 18 and older, a booster dose is recommended no sooner than 2 full months after receiving the first dose.
Appointments are required. To schedule an appointment visit bookdcph.timetap.com or call Public Health at 920.746.7180 for assistance. The flu vaccine or vaccine for children age 5-11 will not be available at these clinics.
To help expedite the process do the following:
1. Wear short sleeves and have your arm readily accessible
2. Print and complete consent forms ahead of time. Forms can be found on our website at Door County COVID-19 Situation Update | Door County, WI Forms will be available at the site if not completed ahead of time. 3. Cloth Face coverings are required