On Friday, March 11 the Algoma Art Wave will take place from 5 – 8 pm. During the event, a variety of Algoma artists and venues will open to the public. The following artists and venues will participate.
• Bren Sibilsky is an internationally recognized artist whose current focus is sculpture in the style of classical realism. Her studio will also feature work by other artists, including Molly Johnson, Kim Lyon, Kathryn Vaughn, Tom Seagard and Brigitte Kozma. Visit her studio at E5977 Fremont Road and her website at http://www.brensculpture.com.
• Caffe Tlazo is an eatery that will feature live music with Taylor Jadin & Company from 7 – 9 pm. Fish Creek painters Liz Maltman and Rick Risch will have art pieces on display and for sale. Located at 607 4th St. (Hwy 42). Visit their website at http://www.caffetlazo.com.
• Steelhead Saloon will feature work by figurative painter David F. Starr, along with a fish fry. Located at 530 4th Street. Visit their website at http://www.steelhead-saloon.com.
• Steele Street Floral and Good Tidings Nautical Gifts will feature Molly Noell Overstreet, who will present her Floral Oil Painting Series. The shops are located on the corner of Steele Street and Third Street. Visit their websites at http://www.steelestreetfloral.com and http://www.nautical-gifts.us.
• Clay on Steele is a working pottery studio, gallery, and education center. Art Wave visitors are welcome to make tiles during the event. The center is located at 221 Steele Street. Visit their website at http://www.clayonsteele.com.
• Kewaunee Academy of Fine Art will display students’ drawings, paintings, and sculptures. Visitors are welcome to try drawing as well. The school is located at 77 Steele Street. Visit their website at http://www.kewauneeacademy.com.
• Von Stiehl Winery will feature artwork by multi-medium artist Pat Williams. The winery is located in a 19th century building and now houses the oldest winery in Wisconsin. Located at 115 Navarino Street. Visit their website at http://www.vonstiehl.com.
For more information about Algoma Art Wave, visit algomaartwave.wordpress.com.