• When U.S. Senator Herb Kohl visited Cherney Microbiological Services in Green Bay, Baylake Bank Commercial Loan Officer Jamie Alberts was one of the featured speakers to honor Debra Cherney and her staff. Alberts discussed the availability and impact of small business loans, and congratulated Cherney for earning the distinction as a 2011 Wisconsin Companies to Watch Awardee.
Kohl expressed appreciation to Alberts and Baylake Bank, stating “I would like to applaud you for all the hard work you do at Baylake Bank. Thanks to your client-centered approach, customers can be assured that they will receive the highest quality of personal service from you and your colleagues at Baylake Bank.”
For more information visit http://www.baylake.com or call 920.743.5551 or 1.800.267.3610.
• The Door County Economic Development Corporation and the UW-Green Bay Small Business Development Center will be offering free, one-on-one business counseling sessions on Thursday, June 30 from 8:30 am – 5 pm, for any new or existing business owners in Door County.
Chuck Brys, business counselor for the Small Business Development Center, will be providing advice on business planning, financing and other issues. Brys is a CPA and former chief financial officer for several Wisconsin companies, with over 30 years of business experience and knowledge to share with local entrepreneurs.
Individual, confidential sessions will be held at the Door County Business Development Center, 185 East Walnut Street in Sturgeon Bay. An appointment is required and can be made by contacting Cindy Wick at 920.743.3113 ext. 200 or via email at [email protected].
• Marcia Hoebreckx has moved her yoga classes to the Birchwood Lodge (East Conference Room) located on Highway 57 in Sister Bay. She has been teaching yoga in Door County for five years.
Hoebreckx has had a personal yoga practice for over 30 years, first taught by a friend on the beach in Baja, California. Certified through the Yoga Alliance, she teaches an eclectic form with postures and movement principles primarily based on the Ashtanga and Iyengar styles.
Currently Hoebreckx offers three standing classes at the Birchwood on Sundays from 5 – 6 pm, Mondays from 7:30 – 8:45 am, and Tuesdays from 8 – 9:15 am.
Drop-in classes are $10 and a package of five classes is offered for $40. During June, July, and August Hoebreckx will be teaching a series of specialty classes on Mondays from 5 – 6:30 pm. Private and small group sessions are available, as are gift certificates.
For more information or to sign up for classes, call 920.854.5239 or email [email protected].
• The Wellness Center of Door County, Inc. is prepared to assist victims of sexual assault with comprehensive care through the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Program. The Wellness Center has been serving victims of sexual assault with compassion and professionalism since opening their doors; and since 2006 the center has provided care following a sexual assault regardless of the time or day.
Cindy La Crosse, RN is the newest trained SANE nurse at the Wellness Center. She joins Nurse Practitioners Michele Geiger-Bronsky and Heidi Derbick, and Reproductive Nurse Clinician Jeanne Kuhns. All four of the Wellness Center SANE providers are registered nurses and share “call” to ensure availability of 24-hour coverage, year-round.
SANE training is an intensive program divided into 40 hours of instructive classroom and followed by a clinical internship which involves hours of hands-on clinical practice.
Victims needing care after typical business hours are to contact the Sexual Assault Center of Door County at 920.746.8896 or local law enforcement at 911. Arrangements will be made for the dispatch of a SANE and victims to receive care at the Wellness Center. For more information on this topic visit http://www.wellnesscenterofdoorcounty.com/patient-services/after-sexual-assault.
• Baylake Corp., the holding company for Baylake Bank, held its annual shareholder meeting recently at Stone Harbor Resort and Conference Center in Sturgeon Bay. A total of 79.3 percent of eligible voting shares were represented at the meeting. Four Class I nominees were elected for three-year terms including: Robert W. Agnew, Dee Geurts-Bengtson, Joseph J. Morgan, and Elyse Mollner Stackhouse. In addition, shareholders ratified the appointment of Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, as the Company’s independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2011.
Special recognition was given to retiring board member George Delveaux Jr. at the occasion of his retirement after 30 years of service as a member of the Board of Directors.
CEO Robert J. Cera presented an overview of Baylake Corp. 2010 year-end results and captured highlights of progress made in the first quarter of 2011. Cera particularly noted stronger credit metrics achieved during 2010 by reducing overall credit risk, while also improving prospects for meaningful net income improvement.
He also shared key performance results and trends for the quarter ending March 31, 2011.
For more information visit http://www.baylake.com.