Happy Easter! I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday weekend.
I’m pleased to announce that the ice went out at 9:30 pm on Thursday, March 30. I’ll provide the names of all the Ice Out Contest winners as soon as that information is available.
- The Sister Bay Advancement Association’s Annual Easter Egg Hunt will take place in Waterfront Park on April 15. The fun starts at 10:30 am, and kids of all ages, even those who are in high school, are welcome. Please bring your own bags or baskets. Kids who are 3 years of age and below should meet on the south end of Waterfront Park, (next to the Yacht Club at Sister Bay), and all the other kids should meet by the playground. I heard from a very good source that the Easter Bunny will again be making an appearance, so don’t forget your cameras.
- Do you love dogs? Do you like making a difference? If so, the Door County Sled Dogs just might be what you’re looking for. The folks at Door County Sled Dogs are in need of new volunteers. Come and learn more about the Sled Dog Program at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church on April 19 at 4:30 pm. For further information or to register, contact Joanne Skidmore (920.854.7159, [email protected]) or Jen Riley (920.421.1920, [email protected]). St. Luke’s is located at 2336 Canterbury Lane.
- In celebration of the Northern Door Children’s Center’s 30 years of service to the community, radio station WSBW will broadcast from the Children’s Center from 6 am to 6 pm on April 22. The center will also be open to the public for tours from 9:30 am to 6 pm.
- On May 10, 1 – 3:30 pm, an “Asian Tea” will be conducted at the Sister Bay Moravian Church. The cost is $20 per person. All proceeds will go to the Northern Door Health & Wellness Ministries “Matthew 25” Program. For further information contact Cheryl Lubahn at 920.854.0007 or [email protected]
- There will again be a Community-Wide Rummage Sale in Sister Bay, and it will run from 8 am to 4 pm on May 20. The registration forms for the sale are now available, and for a fee of only $15 anyone living in or around Sister Bay who participates in the sale will receive publicity in newspapers and websites throughout Wisconsin, two brightly colored Rummage Sale signs for their yard, and their sale site and a list of some of the items they will sell will be listed on official Rummage Sale Maps. If you have any questions or to obtain a registration form, call 920.854.3230.
- To receive copies of agendas for any upcoming Village meetings please provide your name and email address to the folks in the village office. Agendas and packet materials can also be accessed on the village’s website, sisterbaywi.gov.
If any of you know of special events occurring in the village, please provide that information to me at least two weeks in advance of the event. Also, if you have any questions about upcoming village projects or village operations please don’t hesitate to contact me. I can be reached at 920.854.4118 and my email address is [email protected]