Sister Bay Buzz: Feb. 19
Compiled by Zeke Jackson, Village Administrator
- Joe and the guys at the ice rink are working very hard to make and maintain ice, and hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate. Joe asked me to pass the word along that everybody is welcome and encouraged to come out to the Sports Complex to skate or just sit around the campfire. If you have any questions about the rink or the hours of operation, call 920.854.7014.
- By all accounts the 7th Annual Door County Short Film Fest was a huge success. The highlight of the weekend was “The Best of the Fest,” and the presentation of the 2016 People’s Choice Golden Coffee Mug.
- On April 2, 10 am – 7:30 pm, the Northern Door Child Care Center will host the fourth annual Super Bowl-A-Thon at the Sister Bay Bowl. Teams of four get sponsors to donate a minimum of $50 per bowler and they bowl two games in a 1½-hour time slot. This year the Piggly Wiggly is the main sponsor for the event. Lane sponsors include Sister Bay Automotive, Grasse’s Grill, Wilson’s Ice Cream Parlor and Baylake Bank. Participating teams receive free event t-shirts, snacks and soft drinks. Prizes will be awarded in different categories and there will also be drawings for door prizes. For more information call 920.854.4244.
- The Village of Sister Bay and YMCA collaborative Zumba fitness classes are being offered for people of all skill levels at the Village Hall on Wednesdays from 9 to 10 am. The instructor is Chandra Johnson, and she has been certified since 2010. No advanced registration is required and drop-ins are welcome. If you are a Sister Bay resident/guest and are a YMCA member the class is free. If you only meet one of the criteria the fee is $5 per class, and if you don’t meet either of the criteria the fee is $10 per class.
- Applications are now available for The Corner of the Past’s 2016 Farmers Market. This will mark the 15th year for the market, and it will be conducted on Saturdays from June 25 through Oct. 8. Anyone wishing to sell locally grown produce, licensed baked goods, canned items, eggs and meat, flowers, maple syrup, and hand-made items is more than welcome to participate. For more information contact Roberta Kutlik at 920.854.9242.
- Sister Bay’s new decorative streetlights should be up and operational in a couple weeks or so.
- The sledding hill at the Sports Complex is open and it’s really fast. The hill is very popular, especially on the weekends, and everybody is invited to try it out.
- The Plan Commission will meet at the fire station at 5:30 pm on Feb. 23. If you want to receive copies of agendas for any upcoming village meetings please provide your name and email address to the folks in the village office. Agendas and packet materials can also be accessed at sisterbaywi.gov.
- If you know of any special events which will be occurring in the village, please provide that information to me at least one week in advance of the special day(s). Also, if you have any questions about upcoming village projects or Village operations please don’t hesitate to contact me. I can be reached at 920.854.4118 or [email protected]