By Zeke Jackson, Village Administrator
- There is a fantastic show on display at the Meadows Art Gallery and it runs until March 12. All the artwork on display was created by resident artists at Scandia or collected by community members.
- The weather just hasn’t been cooperating, therefore Joe and the guys out at the Sports Complex have closed the ice rink down for the season.
- Work is continuing on installation of the new streetlights downtown. We still are awaiting the arrival of employees from WPS to complete the installation of the meter base so the system can be charged, but that should be happening very soon.
- The Ice-Out Contest is currently up and running. Participating businesses host a voting box and donate a prize, and their customers are asked to fill out a form on which they list their name, phone number and the date and time of day they believe the ice will “go out” of the bay. For a list of participating businesses, please check the SBAA’s website, cometosisterbay.com.
- The Waterfront Oversight Committee was created to “look at where we’ve been and where we’re going” and has been asked to make applicable recommendations to the members of the Parks Committee and the Village Board regarding use of the village’s waterfront property. The members of that committee will meet at the fire station on Thursdays through March 17 at 4 pm, and citizens are encouraged to attend the meetings to provide input.
- On April 2, 10 am – 7:30 pm, the Northern Door Child Care Center will host the 4th Annual Super Bowl-A-Thon at the Sister Bay Bowl. Teams of four get sponsors to donate a minimum of $50 per bowler and they bowl two games in a 1½-hour time slot. This year Piggly Wiggly is the main sponsor for the event. Lane sponsors include Sister Bay Automotive, Grasse’s Grill, Wilson’s Ice Cream Parlor and Baylake Bank. Participating teams receive free event t-shirts, snacks and soft drinks. Prizes will be awarded in different categories and there will also be drawings for door prizes. For more information call 920.854.4244.
- If you know of any special events in the village, please provide that information to me at least one week in advance of the special day(s). Also, if you have any questions about upcoming village projects or village operations please don’t hesitate to contact me. I can be reached at 920.854.4118 or [email protected]