By Zeke Jackson, Village Adminstrator
- First and foremost, if you are a U.S. veteran, thank you.
- The winter hours are now in effect at the Sister Bay-Liberty Grove Library. These hours run through May 29: Mondays – 10 am to 7 pm; Tuesdays – 1 to 7 pm; Wednesdays – 10 am to 5 pm; Fridays – 10 am to 4 pm; and Saturdays – 10 am to 2 pm.
- Capture The Spirit will take place in Sister Bay on Thanksgiving weekend. The annual FOG Arts & Crafts Show will be conducted in the village hall, sales will abound in several village stores and shops, and on Friday at 4:30 pm the official village Christmas tree lighting ceremony will take place. After the tree is lit everyone will do some Christmas caroling on the way to the library, where the kids can work on a holiday craft project with Santa, and on Saturday from 3 to 5 pm there will be an opportunity for kids to decorate cookies at the fire station.
- Due to a shortage of homes, the annual Northern Door Children’s Center Holiday Home Tour has been canceled for this year. The Holiday Home Tour is one of NDCC’s largest fundraising events, and canceling it was not something my friend, Cindy, and her associates did lightly, as it leaves NDCC with a $10,000 shortfall in their 2016 budget. Cindy asked that I pass the word along that she is incredibly grateful to the three families who did offer their homes this year, and also asked if anybody is interested in participating next year that they contact her. The Northern Door Children’s Center will have a brand new website up and running in time for their Winter Giving Campaign. The new website will make it possible for generous folks to make online donations to the NDCC using a credit or debit card.
- An ecumenical community meal is offered on the fourth Tuesday of each month at Stella Maris Parish’s Saint Rosalia’s in Sister Bay from 5 to 6 pm, and the CARE 24/7 Food Pantry is open 24/7 and is located at St. Paul’s in Fish Creek. The pantry is always open and no questions are ever asked of anyone who uses it. The St. Vincent DePaul Conference also offers financial assistance for those in need. For more information regarding any or all of the previously mentioned programs call the Parish Office at 920.868.3241 or visit care24-7foodpantry.org or svdpgb.org.
- The village board will meet at 6 pm on Wednesday, Nov. 16. If you want to receive copies of agendas for upcoming meetings, please provide your name and email address to the folks in the village office.
- Amos the famous Certified Therapy Dog, will celebrate his 10th birthday at the Sister Bay-Liberty Grove Library on Nov. 19. All kids are invited to read to Amos at the library from 10:30 to 11:30 am.
- If you know of any special events occurring in the village, please provide that information to me at least two weeks in advance of the special day(s).
If you have any questions about upcoming village projects or operations please don’t hesitate to contact me. I can be reached at 920.854.4118 or [email protected]