By Zeke Jackson, Village Administrator
- Mark your calendars for Capture The Spirit, taking place in Sister Bay this weekend. (It’s a great holiday celebration that’s filled with fun stuff for kids of all ages to do, and will give you an opportunity to avoid the holiday rush and mall scene.) The annual F.O.G. Arts & Crafts Show will be conducted in the village hall, there will be sales in several village stores and shops, and the official village Christmas tree lighting ceremony will take place at 4:30 pm. After the tree is lit there will be Christmas caroling on the way to the library, where kids can work on a holiday craft project with Santa. On Nov. 26, 3 – 5 pm, there will be an opportunity for kids to decorate cookies at the fire station.
- Christmas caroling will once again be part of the Sister Bay Historical Society’s annual community Christmas party on Dec. 2, 6 – 8 pm; everyone is invited. Gladys Austgen, has agreed to play a number of familiar Christmas carols on the old pump organ at the Old Anderson House, and everyone in attendance will have an opportunity to sing along. Eggnog punch and plenty of holiday goodies will be served, and I’m certain that a good time will be had by all. Everyone who attends the party is asked to bring non-perishable food items for donation to the local food pantry at the First Baptist Church of Sister Bay.
- Things are really hoppin’ here in Sister Bay with respect to new construction. Jody and Patsy Wuollett are excited to announce their plans for a new location for one of their restaurants, CHOP, have been approved by village officials. The new restaurant will be constructed in the heart of downtown at the intersection of Mill Road and N. Bay Shore Drive and will afford diners a rooftop view that faces west with a fantastic view of Green Bay.
- Speaking of rooftop dining, village officials have approved plans for renovation of The Boathouse, formerly the Inn at Kristofer’s, which were submitted by Michael Daubner, Matt Peterson and Tim Cross. There will be renovations to the interior and exterior of the building and when all is said and done the building will have a patio and expanded rooftop seating that overlooks the Sister Bay Marina.
- This year’s New Year’s Eve fireworks show, which will again be conducted at the Sports Complex and start at 8 pm, should be bigger and better than ever.
- The Northern Door Children’s Center (NDCC) will have a brand-new website up and running in time for their Winter Giving Campaign. The new website will make it possible for generous folks to make online donations to the NDCC using a credit or debit card. As soon as the new site is live, I’ll let you know.
- If you want to receive copies of agendas for upcoming village meetings please provide your name and email address to the folks in the village office. The village office will be closed for Thanksgiving on Nov. 24 & 25.
- If you know of any special events occurring in the village, please provide that information to me at least two weeks in advance of the special day(s).
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
If you have any questions about upcoming village projects or operations please don’t hesitate to contact me. I can be reached at 920.854.4118 or [email protected]