The Ellison Bay Arts Group will hold their 6th annual Spring Art Crawl May 19 and 20 from 10 am – 5 pm.
Seven galleries and two schools invite art lovers and collectors to see their work, watch demonstrations and enjoy refreshments.
Maps and information are available at each gallery.
• Clay Bay Pottery (11650 Highway 42) will feature large, hand-built pieces, lamps and bowls by David and Jeanne Aurelius. David will serve his famous cookies and a bowl will be up for raffle. The gallery will also feature paintings by Laura Meddaugh.
• Linden Gallery (12001 Mink River Road) will feature numerous antiques, artifacts, textiles and jewelry from Jeanee and Brian’s travels throughout China and Asia.
• Cousin’s Walk (11940 Lakeview Road) will feature recycled collage jewelry made from found objects along with Cat and Dog pins of sterling sliver and copper by Jan Forkert. On May 19 demonstrations will be from 1 – 3 pm.
• Gills Rock Stoneware (12020 Lakeview Road) will display new functional and decorative pieces as well as large pots for use outside, tablecloths, and wooden utensils.
• The Savory Spoon and Schoolhouse Artisan Cheese (Highway 42) will feature a cheese tasting. All the cheeses are Wisconsin handmade artisan cheeses, and will be complimented by Island Orchard Cider. Cheese specialists will be on hand to answer questions.
• The Newport House (12044 Highway 42) will feature the work of new gallery artist Polly Joubert, who created a series of paintings of lighthouse scenes. The gallery will also have the faux bois garden containers of Richard Taylor; there will be a drawing for a container.
• Turtle Ridge Studio Gallery (11736 Mink River Road) will premiere a new line of multi-colored Neopolitan cuffs and belts, and the Simple Satchel and Simple Clutch line.
• Ellison Bay Pottery (12156 Garrett Bay Road) will hold two kiln openings. Saturday, the pit kiln will be opened and on Sunday, their glaze kiln will be packed full of beautiful pots. Refreshments and a drawing for a free bowl will be available.
• The Clearing Folk School (12171 Garrett Bay Road) will be open for sign up for summer/fall classes. Demonstrations and docent tours of the property will take place. Guest are welcome to visit their bookstore and enjoy cookies.