The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources announced that all state parks will reopen with limitations. Recent closures did not impact any of Door County’s five state parks, but new rules will. State parks and forests will now be open from 6 am to 7 pm daily, a change from the previous hours of 6 am to 11 pm. Properties will be closed every Wednesday for maintenance and upkeep.
The DNR will reopen 34 previously closed state parks and forests on Friday, May 1 at the direction of Gov. Evers with special conditions. To minimize overcrowding, allow for social distancing requirements. To promote a safe and enjoyable experience for visitors, the following conditions will be put into place at all state park system properties until further notice beginning May 1:
- An annual park sticker and/or trail pass will be required to visit state parks and trails.
- Annual stickers will be available for purchase with credit card by phone 8 am – 3 pm seven days a week by calling toll free: 1-888-305-0398. We thank you in advance for your patience as we may be experiencing heavy call volumes.
- Annual passes are NOT available for purchase at individual properties. Visitors must have an annual admission sticker adhered to their vehicle or proof of purchase for entry.
Hours of Operation
- State parks and forests will be open from 6 am – 7 pm daily, a change from 6 am – 11 pm.
- Properties will be closed to the public every Wednesday for maintenance and upkeep.
- Hunting and fishing will be allowed on all open properties in accordance with legal season structure and hours. Access to some areas may be limited to walk-in or water access only.