On June 28 – 30, three gymnasts from the YMCA Strivers gymnastics team captured National titles at the YMCA Gymnastics National Competition in Savannah, Georgia.
The team had 14 gymnasts competing who acquired 29 individual medals.
Sophia Pollman, XCel Gold gymnast, captured the gold medal on the uneven bars with a score of 9.35, making her the first Striver gymnast to earn back-to-back National titles for the team. Last year Pollman captured the gold on the vault with the same score of 9.35. Pollman also medaled 5th in the all-around and 6th on floor.
Emily Ulberg, Level 3 gymnast, medaled in the top three on every event. Ulberg captured her first National title on the balance beam with a score of 9.325. She also earned a silver medal on bars, vault and all-around; and a bronze medal on floor. Ulberg is the first Strivers gymnast to place in the top three on every event.
Reetika Jandu, Level 4 gymnast, grabbed her first national title on vault scoring a 9.50.
• Kelsey Christiansen – 7th bars and floor; 8th all-around (AA); 9th beam and vault.
• Miya Eliyah – 2nd floor; 4th vault, bars and AA.
• Abby Hocevar – 3rd beam and vault.
• Alexis McCarthy – 2nd beam.
• Emma Reichel – 2nd beam; 3rd vault; 5th bars and AA.
• Alexa Nelson – 3rd bars; 4th AA; 6th beam; and 7th floor.
• Allyson Dickson – 8th vault and beam.
• Jackie Mosgaller – 6th bars.
• Jenna Seiler – 8th bars.
• Abby Theide – 7th bars.
• Ellie Helm – 9th vault.
Nikki Pollman coaches the Strivers team, along with Gerritt DeJonge, Amy Gamble, Mikki Rankin and Deb Christiansen.