The Door County YMCA Strivers Gymnastic Team took 20 national qualifying gymnasts to the 2019 YMCA Gymnastics Nationals, June 19-23 in Wisconsin Dells, Wis. The competition hosts 2,000 gymnasts from 93 YMCAs across the United States.
Gymnasts competed in 10 levels of competition. Levels 1-10 are divided into Child, Junior and Senior divisions. Each division awards medals to the top 30 percent in an age bracket. Gymnasts throughout their competitive season (November through April) qualify for state and nationals by scoring a certain all-around average within their competitive level.
Level 2 gymnast Lauren Pratt returned to nationals and defended her 2018 title, earning her back-to-back championships. Amira Anschutz, also level 2, captured her first title on the floor exercise while Excel Gold gymnast, Desirae Guilette captured a balance beam title. Miya Eliyha (level 8) competed in the preliminaries and earned a spot in the top 25 to compete in the championships for Level 8. Eliyha landed in the top 15, earning her a Level 8 all-around medal.
The Door County Strivers are coached by Nikki Pollman, Amy Gamble, Heather Haese, Gerritt DeJonge, Mikki Rankin, Libby Pieczynski and Erin Hemminger.
• Miya Eliyha – 15th all-around (AA), 3rd beam, 10th floor and bars
• Mikaila McCambridge – 2nd bars, beam and AA, 7th vault, 6th floor
• Desirae Guilette – 1st beam, 9th AA
• Stevie Routhieaux – 2nd beam, 5th AA
• Abby DeClark – 6th bars and beam
• Abi Tooley – 2nd bars, 4th beam, 6th AA, 9th vault
• Eliana Kerscher – 9th AA, 10th floor and bars
• Jozlynn Burlo – 2nd vault and bars, 5th beam and AA
• Anna Gallardo-Ibarra – 4th bars, beam, floor and AA, 9th vault
• Shylee Asher – 6th bars and beam, 8th vault and AA, 9th floor
• Daylia Sund – 3rd bars and vault, 4th AA and 9th beam
• Sophia Sternard – 4th vault, 5th floor
• Lauren Pratt – 1st bars, 2nd AA, 3rd beam, 7th floor, 9th vault
• Amira Anschutz – 1st floor, 2nd AA, beam and bars, 8th vault
• Alexa Jimenez-Seyfer – 4th vault, 7th floor, 8th AA, 9th beam
• Laylia Stai – 7th beam, 9th vault
• Madison Voight – 3rd bars, 7th AA, 8th floor, 9th beam