The Bulletin: Coming Up
• Primary elections for Liberty Grove Town Chairman and Supervisor will be held Feb. 17 at the Liberty Grove Town Hall. Polls open at 7 am and close at 8 pm. The primary will narrow the race for Chair from six candidates to two, and narrow the Supervisor race from five candidates to four.
• The Liberty Grove Town Board meets Feb. 18 at 7 pm at the town hall.
• Suzanne Brault Pagel, Fox Valley Regional Coordinator for U.S. Senator Russ Feingold, will hold Door County office hours Tuesday, Feb. 10. Citizens are encouraged to discuss issues of federal concern with a member of Senator Feingold’s staff.
Hours will be held at the Paul J. Bertschinger Community Center, 7860 Hwy. 42, Egg Harbor, from 11 am – noon. For those who cannot attend, but wish to speak to a member of Senator Feingold’s staff, please call the Green Bay office at 920.465.7508.
• The fourth Door County Legislative Day in Madison is tentatively scheduled for April 28 – 29. The purpose of Legislative Day is to educate state officials about Door County and to lobby for state action to help address local issues and concerns. The main events are scheduled for Tuesday, April 28, when delegates will call on state legislators in the afternoon and enjoy a reception, an authentic Door County fish boil and entertainment with legislators and guests that evening.
To view the agendas and accomplishments of Legislative Day 2003, 2005 and 2007, or to provide input for the 2009 event, visit the Door County Legislative Day Web site at http://www.dclegislativeday.com/Issues.htm.
• Career Day for Door and Kewaunee County 8th graders will be held March 17 from 9 am – 2:30 pm at NWTC in Sturgeon Bay. Contact Ann Bennett at [email protected] or 920.743.3113 ext 201 to get involved.
• Pinkert Law Firm will offer its 3rd annual Law Affecting Businesss (LAB) Seminar free to Door County Businesses and employers from 8 am – noon on April 17 at Stone Harbor Resort in Sturgeon Bay. The LAB Seminar is designed to provide businesses and employers with information concerning laws that might affect their businesses and to serve the needs of business owners, executives, human resource professionals and supervisors. Register for the free seminar by emailing your name, title, company, address, and phone number to [email protected] or call Laura Peterson at 920.743.6505.