The Egg Harbor Historical Society’s next program, “Charles Cady’s Egg Harbor,” will take place July 25, 2 pm, at the Kress Pavilion, 7845 Church St. in Egg Harbor.
In 1907, Charles Cady purchased Levi Thorp’s 1871 Cupola House and 100-acre Egg Harbor orchard, which he named Hillcrest Orchards. Cady also owned much of the village property.
The Cadys eventually made the Cupola House their weekend and vacation home until selling it in 1961, but it remains a village icon. The orchard property was sold for development long ago.